We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Any Canary Island self catering.

worcestershire
Level Contributor
36 posts
38 reviews
Save Topic
Any Canary Island self catering.

Hi all,

Does anyone know of any decent self catering apartments with a communial pool and close to the beach and shops, plus only about £30.00 from the airport in a taxi, i know its alot to ask, or maybe a decent hotel, we are not really bothered about the nightlife just as long there are a few nice bars to stroll to.

Thank you for any replies.

N.Wales UK
Destination Expert
for Costa Teguise
Level Contributor
9,060 posts
182 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Any Canary Island self catering.

Hi there, have a look at Costa Teguise in Lanzarote. We've been there twice and looking to book for next year again. Not too far from the airport. Has nice beaches and several pubs and restaurants to choose from.

There is quite a selection of apartments to choose from at decent prices.

When are you thinking of going?

I've been looking at Easyjet and they're offering some good deals:)

worcestershire
Level Contributor
36 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Any Canary Island self catering.

Thank you so much for the reply, we were thinking of January, i am self employed and work is a bit slack then so depending on the weather it will be around this time.

N.Wales UK
Destination Expert
for Costa Teguise
Level Contributor
9,060 posts
182 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Any Canary Island self catering.

We've been twice before and both times have been Jan/Feb time. The first year we went the weather was terrible but apparently it was the worst weather for that time of year in 30 years (trust us to book then lol) but the next time we went it was so much nicer.

If you like trips out then there are lots of nice places to go. I do recommend the day out to Timanfaya National Park.......really well worth it :)

We're looking at the Galeon Playa for next October which are apartments and offering very good prices. Don't what they are like for January but thought I'd mention it just in case you wanted to have a look.

Nottingham
Level Contributor
2,422 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Any Canary Island self catering.

Not been, but liking the look of this place http://www.lascoronas10.co.uk/about.php

Edited: 13 November 2011, 19:48
rotherham
Level Contributor
3,763 posts
144 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Any Canary Island self catering.

Hi..kickabuck..

I have just been looking my self for the canaries for march and i like the look of Caleta De Fuste in Fuerteventura and on the forums its only 12 euro each way in a taxi from the airport and has plenty of bars and resteraunts to go at and travel republic have some good deals on at the moment...

WENDY

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
50 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Any Canary Island self catering.

Hi there

I second Costa Teguise, its great :) My partners mum is an owner at the Sands Beach Resort and the apartments are all self catering, although you also have the option to opt for half board.

The resort has 7 communal pools along with a heated pool, jacuzzi and man made lagoon! I went for the first time in January and didnt get a tan unfortunately...the weather was rubbish! We did hire a car and go to Playa Blanca for the day where the weather was scorching....but they dont call it breezy Teguise for nothing lol.

We flew with Ryanair for under 120 although we did only take hand luggage.

Hope this helps and good luck with whatever choice you make :)

Nottingham
Level Contributor
2,422 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Any Canary Island self catering.

Caleta is lovely too, been there a few times and would not hesitate to go back.

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
769 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Any Canary Island self catering.

I am in Santa Rosa Apartnenrs Costa Teguise at the moment on my last day of my

Perfect self catering. Supermarkets 30secs outside complex, 9/10 restaurants 30secs-2mins away from complex; and if you go to promenade 3mi s from

complex and walk the 20 minutes along a beautiful well lut coast line you come to the 'main square' where their are countless restaurants to choose from. Nightlife is quiet and nice (go to Peurto Del Carmen for clubs) and a €22 taxi ride of 15 minutes from airport gets you to the resort.

I return home Tuesday and will do a comprehensive report on Wednesday or Friday of my 2 weeks here.

Brilliant hotel, great location, cheapest of all the Canary Islands (€1.50 for a beer!), so your £ goes further.

B GOOD

1baloo

worcestershire
Level Contributor
36 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Any Canary Island self catering.

Thanks for the feedback.

worcestershire
Level Contributor
36 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Any Canary Island self catering.

Thank you for replying.