We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

February 9th-16th 2013

Kent, England
Level Contributor
231 posts
77 reviews
Save Topic
February 9th-16th 2013

My husband and I are looking to have a relaxing 1 week break before our first baby arrives in June.

Can you recommend which Island to visit at this time of year. We want to totally relax, swim a bit & explore enough to try and take some amazing photos.

We have never been to the Canary Islands before, so we are complete novices.

We are qutie intrigued by volcanoes though, but not sure which Island offers the best views, experiences, weather, etc.

Any help is much appreciated.

N.Wales UK
Destination Expert
for Costa Teguise
Level Contributor
8,748 posts
175 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: February 9th-16th 2013

Hi there, my suggestion would be for Lanzarote then. Timanfaya National Park is absolutely stunning. There are many other trips in Lanzarote that are worth a look too.......a good company to book trips with is

lastminute-transfer.com/lastminute_trip.asp

My favourite resort (ovbiously) is Costa Teguise which is only about 15 minutes from the airport so not a long transfer.

Costa Teguise is a good sized resort but not massive. There is a wide selection of bars and restaurants to choose from and caters to all tastes.

There are also a good selection of hotels and apartments and a lot of them are central so no need to be very far from anything.

Just a little info to get you started but don't hesitate to ask anything :)

Edited: 14 November 2012, 18:30
Kent, England
Level Contributor
231 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: February 9th-16th 2013

Any idea what we could expect the weather to be like at that resort for the beginning of February? Thanks for you suggestions, helps us get started.

N.Wales UK
Destination Expert
for Costa Teguise
Level Contributor
8,748 posts
175 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: February 9th-16th 2013

The weather at the start of Feb can be quite changeable but it'll still be warm. Maybe you would need a light jacket or cardigan for the evenings but during the day it's still warm enough to sunbathe. Costa Teguise is known as the windy resort but we've never found it much of a problem.

There are other nice resorts on Lanzarote and hopefully a few others will be able to give you some info on those ones and then you can have a choice of places look at.

4. Re: February 9th-16th 2013

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 December 2013, 14:18