We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Somewhere great for kids and a wee bit upmarket too?

Canterbury, UK
Level Contributor
93 posts
52 reviews
Save Topic
Somewhere great for kids and a wee bit upmarket too?

Hi,

We've decided to send a little more on a hol next year than we normally do since my 50th and daughter finishes Primary school!

So, the ask is somewhere probably All Inclusive with things for our daughter and also a bit plusher for a change.

Have seen the Tenerife Sensatori but not sure how child friendly and reviews talk of difficulty making restaurant bookings each day!?

Don't want to spend silly amount of money for 2 weeks in the sun but enough to make it truly memorable if that makes sense!

So I guess 4-5 star hotel with enough to do on site or nearby for our 10 year old!

Thanks all....

Yaiza, Spain
Level Contributor
25 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Somewhere great for kids and a wee bit upmarket too?

I'd say Playa Blanca in Lanzarote was ticking more of the boxes.

Take a look at the Princess Yaiza hotel, or maybe a private villa with a pool etc - they often work out cheaper than hotels.

Chester
Level Contributor
2,333 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Somewhere great for kids and a wee bit upmarket too?

Hi,

will put my neck on the block but look at the " Bahia Principe Tenerife" that is the full name I think it is 4* AL and the rooms are suites and it shares the same site as " Bahia Principe Adeje" with just a service road separating them. There is nothing around the hotel and that is why they do AL so good. The infinity pool is great.

The south of the island has some nice resorts with 5* hotels.

But if you choose the north Puerto de la Cruz has some nice 4 * hotels and the Bahia chain have a hotel that is AL. If you want to push the boat out the Botanico is the best in the north, this is my favourite hotel but I will be trying self catering this month at the Apartments Casablanca 3*. Please ignore the 3* this is a place I have wanted to stay at for a long time, it is very good. SC in PDLC give you the option to eat at some very good restaurants at very reasonable prices ( 3 course menu of the day 7-12 euro's, often with wine or water) or you could book a pent house suite at the Casablanca and have your own sun loungers and BBQ on your balcony. We booked the Casablanca for 2 weeks and when requesting a room they offered an upgrade to a pent house suite for 180 euro's for the 2 weeks.

Keith.

Canterbury, UK
Level Contributor
93 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Somewhere great for kids and a wee bit upmarket too?

Many thanks both for your suggestions! You can tie yourself in knots I find with holiday bookings and it becomes a chore rather than a pleasure unless you're careful!

4. Re: Somewhere great for kids and a wee bit upmarket too?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 July 2014, 07:17