We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tenerife and Gran Carina in December?

London, Canada
Level Contributor
230 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Tenerife and Gran Carina in December?

I am a solo traveller who would like to visit Tenerife, the airfares from London, UK are the same whether I fly back from Tenerife or back from Gran Canaria. I do not drive and would need to rely on public transport for getting around. I am primarily interested in culture and history and doing a little of my Christmas shoping while on the islands. I have no interest in swimming/sunbathing/pool or the beach.

Day 1 Fly to Gran Canaria

Day 2 Gran Canaria - this is a SUnday, will things be closed in the tourist areas?

Day 3 Ferry Gran Canaria to Tenerife, stay in Tenerife North (Puerto)

Day 4 and Day 5 Tenerife.

Day 6 Depart Tenerife.

This is for a December, do ferries get cancelled due to bad weather?

I could visit Tenerife first and Gran Canaria second but I'm scared if the ferries don't operate I will miss my flight to MAdrid and onward connections

How is this shedule?

Edited: 02 August 2013, 22:34
Malaga, Spain
Destination Expert
for Malaga, Andalucia, Madrid, Zaragoza, Valencia, Seville
Level Contributor
56,092 posts
3,501 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Tenerife and Gran Carina in December?

tosouth:

With only 6 days I would choose only one island.

Yes, most stores are closed on Sundays, except for a few tourist stores.

I do not know about ferries in those islands, but ferries in the Costa del Sol are cancelled when there is a very strong wind or storm.

2. Re: Tenerife and Gran Carina in December?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 August 2014, 05:17