We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Which should I go to? Gran Canaria or Tenerife

M B
Barcelona, Spain
Level Contributor
16 posts
Save Topic
Which should I go to? Gran Canaria or Tenerife

Hi, I want to plan a trip to the Canary Islands at the end of April. The flights that would work for my schedule would be to Gran Canaria or Tenerife (Into North, out of South). I will be spending 5-8 days wherever I end up going. I am hoping for some input from some more experienced travelers! I am 20 and may end up traveling alone. I am looking to explore, hike, and relax.

Some questions I have are:

Will the weather be warm (can I sit in the sun on the beach and swim) at the end of April?

Would the flight between the two islands to split the trip be worth the time and money?

Which has better hiking?

Which has better beaches?

Is it a busy time of the year in the islands?

Thanks for your help!

Edited: 29 March 2014, 21:40
M B
Barcelona, Spain
Level Contributor
16 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Which should I go to? Gran Canaria or Tenerife

Hi, I want to plan a trip to the Canary Islands at the end of April. The flights that would work for my schedule would be to Gran Canaria or Tenerife (Into North, out of South). I will be spending 5-8 days wherever I end up going. I am hoping for some input from some more experienced travelers! I am 20 and may end up traveling alone. I am looking to explore, hike, and relax.

Some questions I have are:

Will the weather be warm (can I sit in the sun on the beach and swim) at the end of April?

Would the flight between the two islands to split the trip be worth the time and money?

Which has better hiking?

Which has better beaches?

Is it a busy time of the year in the islands?

And what specific towns would you recommend?

Thanks for your help!

Edited: 29 March 2014, 21:42
Chester
Level Contributor
2,492 posts
99 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Which should I go to? Gran Canaria or Tenerife

Gran Canaria for the beaches.

Puerto de la Cruz, Tenerife for the walking and very good food. We will be in PDLC for Easter and I hope to be on the beach most days.

Keith.

3. Re: Which should I go to? Gran Canaria or Tenerife

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 April 2015, 06:15