We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

lanzarote

Glasgow, United...
2 posts
Save Topic
lanzarote

Going to lanzarote in june will the heat be unbearable i am a 67 year old been told of cooling breeze but not sure

devon
Level Contributor
327 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: lanzarote

I think it depends which part of the island you're staying at?

We are going in August, taking my 68 yr old mum & dad who turns 70 while there!

CT (in my experience) is windier than PDC (which is where we're staying)

Note, too, that air con isn't widely available on Lanza, although some places do have it.

Corralejo, Spain
Destination Expert
for Corralejo
Level Contributor
4,560 posts
111 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: lanzarote

The heat here is rarely intolerable in the way it often is in southern Spain. We (and I live 15km from Playa Blanca even though I'm on Fuerteventura) rarely get much over 30-35C in the shade and there's that almost constant breeze to cool you. I think that's one reason aircon isn't that common here and few residents have it or feel the need for it. However, it is VERY hot in the sun - we're only 100km from Western Sahara, after all.

The inland, higher areas of both islands have more extreme temperature ranges in both summer and winter.

N.Wales UK
Destination Expert
for Costa Teguise
Level Contributor
8,852 posts
175 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: lanzarote

Hi Bob, we're off to CT in a couple of weeks and it's the first time we'll be there in June but I'm sure the weather the will be fine for you. There is a breeze (which you will welcome............trust me). My parents are coming with us and they are in their 70's and they're not worrying about it being too hot.

Hope you have a great time :)

Edited: 10 June 2014, 19:40
4. Re: lanzarote

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 June 2015, 05:15