We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hot in February?

UK
Level Contributor
5 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Hot in February?

Hi

We are off for a 5 day break at end of February. Nothing is booked yet! I was thinking Canary Islands for better weather....does anyone else have any other ideas? Ideally, fly from Leeds or Manchester, about 3 or 4 hours......

All destinations will be considered!

leeds,england
Level Contributor
80 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hot in February?

Have just returned from our first trip of the year to gran canaria, We always go in january and found the weather this year warmer than normal both day and night. Plus there are some good deals on flights to las palmas at the minute, though you probably wont get a flight for such a short time from leeds.

25/27c daytime 18/20c nighttime and no rain which is unusual.

Dublin
Level Contributor
18 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Hot in February?

Have been to all the islands at this time of the year and Gran Canaria seems to get the best weather. Lanzerote is very changable and can be quite windy. ive been there 8 times and have only ever gotten 2 weeks of sunshine.

Peurto Rico in Gran Canaria gets the best weather of all the resorts in the Canaries - have been there about 5 times and have only seen two days of no sunshine.

Word of warning - if your booking Peurto Rico stay away from the main commercial centre its full of annoying PR guys, is cheap and tacky and only has a handfull of good restaurants.

I find the best place ive ever stayed was the Marisol Suites (a bit more expensive then I would usually pay but well worth it) - 5 mins from the beach and some really lovely restaurants and about €4 in a taxi to the commercial centre if you want to go there or a 15 min walk.

England
Level Contributor
3 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hot in February?

Hi

We went to Gran Canaria flying from Manchester last year for 3 weeks in Feb and were not prepared for the weather!!!

Did not take enough beachwear-sundresses-suncream!!!! Thw weather was absolutely fabulous and out of the 3 weeks we only had 3 'poor' days ,and they were spread out.

Really hope it was the norm cos we booked on return for another 3 weeks!!!!

I have been to Tenerife and Lanzarote and I honestly feel that Gran Canaria has the best weather-after all it is the most southern of the Canary Isles.

Hope this helps. Sylv

4. Re: Hot in February?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 August 2009, 20:19