We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Fuerteventura... Barcelo Fuerteventura Hotel... please help

Lancashire
Level Contributor
13 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
Fuerteventura... Barcelo Fuerteventura Hotel... please help

We have booked flights to Fuerteventura in June and havent booked our accommodation yet. We have been looking at Barcelo Fuerteventura Hotel and are thinking of booking there. Me (24yrs) and my Mum are going and dont do much but sunbath, swim and occasionally go for walks down the beach. We dont mind kids (being a childrens nurse and Mum) but im now worried this might not be the best place to go. I have been looking at places in corralejo but cant find a hotel that looks as nice as Barcelo does! I am a little worried as I like to swim in the sea but is it nice as its manmade? Is there nicer beaches within walking distance? Wanting to book ASAP but not sure now!!

Lancashire
Level Contributor
59 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Fuerteventura... Barcelo Fuerteventura Hotel... please help

We stayed at Atlantis Palace in Corralejo at Christmas on halfboard and can thoroughly recommend it in every way. So much so that we are going back in June. There is a small beach 2 mins from the hotel but the best beach by far is the flag beach next to the RUI Oliva Beach hotel. Atlantis Palace runs a free bus service there everyday. You have to book to go on this and I don't know how busy this service gets in the summer but failing that the local bus only costs a few euros. I've been reading some of the reviews on this hotel and everything is pretty much as they say. Hope this helps.

north yorkshire
Level Contributor
17 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Fuerteventura... Barcelo Fuerteventura Hotel... please help

This hotel is near the airport, so you get a lot of plane noise. We spent the last day of our holidays in this resort and we did not like the resort.

Check out Barcelo Jandia at Jandia.

Beach is nice and not man made.

Nottingham
Level Contributor
2,422 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Fuerteventura... Barcelo Fuerteventura Hotel... please help

Yes, the beach is manmade, but it is still a good beach. My kids loved it. There is some aircraft noise (only during the day) but I did nt find it particularly intrusive.

C

x

Lancashire
Level Contributor
13 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Fuerteventura... Barcelo Fuerteventura Hotel... please help

Thanks, any further advice would be much appreciated!! Its funny from reading all the reviews ive never heard that aircraft noise is a problem. What about other nicer beaches in distance without needing a car?

Portskewett, United...
Level Contributor
817 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Fuerteventura... Barcelo Fuerteventura Hotel... please help

You will have some aircraft noise but I have been to Caleta de Fuste 6 times and it has never bothered me - lets be honest - its not a huge airport so doesn't have constant flights in and out all day and they don't fly in at night.

In terms of the Barcelo, I haven't stayed there but have been into reception - its large and airy and feels like its a 4 star hotel. From the outside the rooms look nice. Its right next to the beach which is a large expanse of sand - the water is clear and clean but I will say it shelves very gently which means you have to go a little way out to get to any depth.

I like Caleta - it has some nice restaurants and is not a noisy resort although it does have its share of "British pubs" - but by midnight most are shut. I specifically go there to relax (I am off there on Saturday) but in fairness I do tend to go int he winter.

Sarah

Belfast
Level Contributor
36 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Fuerteventura... Barcelo Fuerteventura Hotel... please help

Hi, we stayed in the Atlantis Palace last month and the Barcelo during March last year and found both to be of a high standard - rooms, food, pool and beach, both have a lot to offer. Corralejo has a bit more going on in it, in terms of shops, bars and restaurants but we found Caleta had enough for the type of holiday we were after. Forget about the man made aspect of Caleta beach - no notion of that when you are there and as for aircraft noise - never a problem.

While it would be almost impossible to choose between the 2 hotels - both are fantastic - Barcelo had more of a family feel to it and the Atlantis Palace was a bit more relaxed and definately had an older and very loyal client group - we spoke to a couple who were on their 7th visit to the hotel.

Wouldn't want to choose between the 2 hotels and both our holidays were fantastic, I'm sure you won't be disappointed whichever one you decide on.

Regards

Omagh, United...
Level Contributor
714 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Fuerteventura... Barcelo Fuerteventura Hotel... please help

hi i have just returned from barcelo fuerteventura for the scond time this year already - it is a fantastic hotel which is quiet and appealing to those who want a relaxing holiday - you can happily spend your days by the pool and then go for a long walk in the evening - i love it so much that i am in the process of booking another trip there in may - go on do it!!!!

Lancashire
Level Contributor
13 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Fuerteventura... Barcelo Fuerteventura Hotel... please help

Thank you!! Would you reccomend going all inclusive? Ive now booked half board but am thinking ill probably upgrade when im there.

9. Re: Fuerteventura... Barcelo Fuerteventura Hotel... please help

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 31 August 2009, 00:16