We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cheap accommodation needed Caleta de Fuste

Portskewett, United...
Level Contributor
835 posts
77 reviews
Save Topic
Cheap accommodation needed Caleta de Fuste

Hi All,

I am going to Caleta in late Oct / early Nov.

I always stay at the San Jorge and will do again.

One of my husband's diver friends is coming with us on his own and want very cheap accommodation there just for himself.

The San Jorge is 38 euros per night for a non sea view studio and he has found somewhere else for 36 euros per night.

Ideally he would like to pay less than that but I have looked for him and can't find anything cheaper including any simple B and B's.

Anybody got any idea about any cheaper accommodation for a single man in his thirties who just wants somewhere basis and clean????

Thanks Sarah

england
Destination Expert
for Corralejo
Level Contributor
1,183 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cheap accommodation needed Caleta de Fuste

36euros hows much cheaper do you want??? he could always hire and sunbed and a unbrella on the beach lol i think 36euro's is cheap enough

england
Destination Expert
for Corralejo
Level Contributor
1,183 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Cheap accommodation needed Caleta de Fuste

do u relise 36euro's is about £24 in english u sure he aint takeing the mick out of u for asking for this

Portskewett, United...
Level Contributor
835 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Cheap accommodation needed Caleta de Fuste

I know, I know!

Just said I would ask for him!

Cannock, United...
Level Contributor
125 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Cheap accommodation needed Caleta de Fuste

hi sarah, don't know whether this would be any use, but i know of an apartment that is spitting distance across the road from the antigua entrance, it's in the amuley mar block at the rear of the costa caleta hotel, the e-mail address is, info@amuleymar.co.uk, regards martyn

Portskewett, United...
Level Contributor
835 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Cheap accommodation needed Caleta de Fuste

Thanks Martin - I will get him to e mail and post back how he got on.

I keep telling my husband (its his friend) that it only costs a couple of pounds per night extra to stay in the San Jorge and he would be confident in getting a good quality of accommodation.

I know like me you are a fan of the San Jorge - having stayed there 6 times its the best self catered in the resort and worth every penny of the bit extra.

But some people think they can get better accommodation cheaper!!!

Sarah

Nottingham
Level Contributor
2,422 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Cheap accommodation needed Caleta de Fuste

Try www.otbeach.com and www.travelrepublic.com. They usually come up with some real bargains.

C

x

Cannock, United...
Level Contributor
125 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Cheap accommodation needed Caleta de Fuste

Hi Sarah, I totally agree with you on the San Jorge, I know it has a few niggles, which hotel dosen't, but I think it's plus's outweigh any negatives! I just had another thought, the Castillo Mar opposite quite often has apartments to let, that's worth a try too! I also took a look around the Amuley Mar 1 & 2 apartment blocks ( they actually the run of new apartments directly behind the new shops opposite the San Jorge) and they're really nice, set out in courtyards with a communal pool, regards Martyn.

8. Re: Cheap accommodation needed Caleta de Fuste

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 September 2009, 15:18