We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

those scratchcard people

Newtownards, United...
Destination Expert
for Northern Ireland
Level Contributor
8,081 posts
23 reviews
Save Topic
those scratchcard people

going back in jan for 2 weeks...last time we were there we had nothing but hassle from those horrible people giving out scratchcards at every street corner...are they still there or have they moved on to annoy another country. they really do my head in.

england
Destination Expert
for Corralejo
Level Contributor
1,183 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: those scratchcard people

what resort did you stay in??

Newtownards, United...
Destination Expert
for Northern Ireland
Level Contributor
8,081 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: those scratchcard people

corralejo....

england
Destination Expert
for Corralejo
Level Contributor
1,183 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: those scratchcard people

well i was in corrlejo in july for a week and never seen any of these people all you ever see are the coloured women trying to get you to have your hair done with beads

Lancashire
Level Contributor
59 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: those scratchcard people

They were there last December, they were there at the beginning of July this year and I'm sure they will still be there in Jan. I'm going again this December so I will let you know for sure but I'm convinced they will be. They've been around every time I have visited and I've been going since 1999.

Newtownards, United...
Destination Expert
for Northern Ireland
Level Contributor
8,081 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: those scratchcard people

thanks for that...i had to learn how to say ..not interested, go away, in german...they tend not to persue it then. funny enough , all the scratchcards seem to be winners, you then end up in some grotty side street office signing up for a time share that you never wanted.

masseywrexham
Level Contributor
233 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: those scratchcard people

we went to costa del sol 2 years ago and this women comes runnig up with a scratch card scrathed them i won a t shirt my wife had won this star prize so many free weekes holiday for the rest of our lives a time share then she asked us all these qustions when we said my wife was under 25 im sorry she said the rules say u must be over 25 but never my take this card to this office and claim two free t shirts so off we went and when we got there guess what yes they said never heard of this scratchcard company sound familiar at least we new the score then and never had one since conning u no wats massey

Lancashire
Level Contributor
59 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: those scratchcard people

A work colleague told me that if you say you're from somewhere in Ireland - I think it was Dublin - they leave you alone. I will double check on Monday and get back to you.

Lancashire
Level Contributor
59 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: those scratchcard people

Double checked with my colleague and they always say they are from Dublin and the scratchcard people leave them alone. Might try that myself this time - must be easier than learning German!

Al.
Bristol UK
Level Contributor
105 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: those scratchcard people

A couple of years ago we had some time to kill so went along to have some verbal sport, pretended we were interested and filthy rich, had some free drinks etc, got them all excited then just got up and walked out. Very satisfying.

London, UK
Destination Expert
for Zakynthos
Level Contributor
2,166 posts
158 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: those scratchcard people

There were a few scratch-card people around in September.