We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Want hotel ON THE BEACH with good food

Texan in Germany
4 posts
Save Topic
Want hotel ON THE BEACH with good food

My husband and I JUST found out we have some time off and I want to leave cold Germany and only lie on the beach listening to the waves with the warm sun.

This is the only place I found on forecast that has temps in the 70's, which I guess is as warm as I am going to get this time of the year.

We don't want to be touristas, just lie in the sun and eat.

Please recommend a hotel on the beach that is clean and has good food.

thank you in advance!

halifax england...
Level Contributor
1,138 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Want hotel ON THE BEACH with good food

Fuerteventura Princess Jandia

wirral
Level Contributor
18,927 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Want hotel ON THE BEACH with good food

If you don't fancy Jandia try Corralejo. Hotel Riu Palace Tres Islas has just completed a refit and I read on here (TA) that it is even better. The food is excellent as it is at all Riu hotels which attract many German guests as well as Brits.The beach is endless with low dunes at the rear providing shelter if it gets windy. Nothing else on the beach except the 2 Riu hotels. I would not be recommending it if you wanted to be where the action is but this place undoubtedly meets your spec.

Texan in Germany
4 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Want hotel ON THE BEACH with good food

Thanks for your suggestions!

We have never been to Fuerteventura. Does the hotel offer a shuttle to and from the hotel 35 km from the airport?

If not, do we need to take a taxi and how expensive is that?

wirral
Level Contributor
18,927 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Want hotel ON THE BEACH with good food

No shuttle organised by hotel as most guests arrive by tour operators transfer. We had a taxi from the airport as we knew we weren't going to move away from the resort. Can't remember how much it cost but when you consider the overall cost of your holiday it was insignificant.If we had wanted to be mobile car hire would have been better.My abiding memories of Riu Palace Tres Islas are:-

a) Bucks fizz by the pool (Freixenet Cordon Negro with freshly squeezed Orange juice)

b) Piano bar drinking gin and tonics to Gerardo's keyboards in the evenings. He won't be there now it was a few years ago.Lovely man better keyboard skills than vocals.

c) Roast meat joints in the restaurant carved in front of you after the starter buffet and before the main course.

d) Lying on the sunbed with the sweat dripping off the end of my nose onto the towel and thinking how lucky I was to be able to afford it.It was 31 degrees C at the time.

e) Walking for miles down the deserted beach paddling through the shallows thinking holidays can't get much more peaceful than this.

There is no lively entertainment within 3 miles but if you just want to chill this is the business-if you can afford it. And that's the challenge.

If you do go pleae post me if I have misled you. I have been on holiday in Europe at least 4 times per year over the last 25 years and I consider myself a good judge. But I don't do tacky.

Blackpool, England
Level Contributor
469 posts
110 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Want hotel ON THE BEACH with good food

I'm off to Jandia next week and did same last year and was based in Carralejo.

Despite flag beach being great the RUI is a bit isolated, there are just the two hotels at the end of the beach and its 3 or 4 miles into town (although there is a regular bus and taxis are relatively cheap).

The beaches around Jandia are even better than Flag beach. Jandia / Morro Jable is quieter than Collalejo town but does have plenty of bars and restruants.

Jandia attracts mostly German tourists but as a "Texan in Germany" I dont suppose it makes a great deal of difference.

Transfers to Jandia by taxi will be expensive and buses are infrequent (about every 2 hrs). Car hire is probably a better option if you wish to travel about.

england
Destination Expert
for Corralejo
Level Contributor
1,183 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Want hotel ON THE BEACH with good food

i find the RIU is nice and right on the beach but there is nothing around it, by all means all u wanna do is laze around all day but im sure at night you would wanna go check shops and local bars out? in that case i would highly recommend the blue bay palace, no it not rite on the beach but the beach is really just a 2min walk accross the road, thay have great food, great rooms with air con!! and also about 2min walk to the main strip where all the resturants and local bars and shops are, i think ud love this hotel so look into the blue bay palace

fuerteventura
Level Contributor
131 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Want hotel ON THE BEACH with good food

Hiya,

normally a transfer is offered as part of your package at an extra charge. If you are booking hotel and flights separately, try www.resorthoppa.com, for info on shared transfers, otherwise a taxi is an option at around 35-40€ from the airport to Corralejo. Whereabouts in Germany are you based, my sister and husband were at Ramstein Airbase for the last 5 years and have just gone back to SC (Shaw)

leamington spa
1 post
Save Reply
8. Re: Want hotel ON THE BEACH with good food

There is a hotel in the centre of town which is a 2 min walk down to the end of the road for the wakki beach the hotel is a 4* hotel well equipt I only stayed there on a bed and breakfast basis but that was lovely. the hotel was called atalntis palace

http://www.atlantishotels.com/ have a look it is a very nice and luxury hotel. you you do is literally come out r=f the hotel and walk down a little road and you are straight on the beach.

hope that helps

im travelling back to fue this yr for 10 days have been going 12 years and love it. and im sure you will too.

wirral
Level Contributor
18,927 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Want hotel ON THE BEACH with good food

Atlantis Palace is now Blue Bay Palace of which there are many favourable reports on TA.

10. Re: Want hotel ON THE BEACH with good food

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 September 2009, 05:20
Get answers to your questions about Fuerteventura