We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Just Back

South Wales
Level Contributor
194 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Just Back

We have just arrived back from Calleta de Fueste. I can honestly say that it was the best holiday we have ever had.

Brilliant weather everyday. Was worried about the wind before we went but there was no need. Its a welcoming breeze when out and about in the heat.

We found everyone we met to be friendly and helpful. We stayed at the Barcelo Castillo and had a room on the beach side. We were self catering and found good food in all the places we went to. Our favorites were Tommy Nutters, The Trafalger and The Great wall of China. The average prices were around 10 Euros per adult meal and 5 for kids. Theres plenty of choice in the evening with most places offering really good live Music. A must to visit is The Last Chance which is open until 3am. Our Hotel also offered good evening entertainment and also a great Kids club in the day packed with different activities like Archery, Shooting and water polo. We did find that the food in the supermarkets were expensive and wished we took more from home with us.

If anyone has any questions feel free to ask and i will do my best to answer them.

Cant wait to go back hopefully in November .

Scotland
Level Contributor
226 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Just Back

Hi

We are going to caleta de fuste, or costa caleta in July self catering. We will be staying at Castillo san jorge. It sounds like you had a wonderful time and we shall note the eating out places you mentioned. Did you go to Baku Park? Is it worth the trip? Regards Lilianne

South Wales
Level Contributor
194 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Just Back

No we didnt go to the water park. From what others were saying its not worth it. The bus stops right outside it though if you are going to go.

If you need any info please feel free to message me and i will try my best to help.

You will be spoilt for choice of places to eat. Theres alot of happy hours at different times of the day to so keep an eye out for them also.

bp auckland
Level Contributor
69 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Just Back

I'll vouch for the trafalgar, it does'nt look much of a place, but we had a lovely meal there.

As someone else said, just around the corner from the castillo apartments.

The lady serving us said three months ago she had gone to caleta for a week and had decided not to bother going hume !!!!!!.

Wales, United...
Destination Expert
for Fuerteventura, Istria
Level Contributor
11,120 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Just Back

Zetenberg - I am not sure if you are aware but there are two weekly flights from Cardiff to Fuerteventura for Winter 08/09 starting this November. Thomson Fly and Thomson Cook both fly on a Wednesday, flight times are virtually identical. Glad you enjoyed your stay.

South Wales
Level Contributor
194 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Just Back

Thanks for that. It will be easier for us then as Cardiff is half hour drive away. We had to go from Bristol which can be a drag during the rush hour home.

Taunton
5 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Just Back

hello going to barcelo castillo too on the 28th of this month. do they have a cash machine there????? x

7. Re: Just Back

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post either because the author requested it, or because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 December 2012, 18:20
South Wales
Level Contributor
194 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Just Back

We didnt see any cash machines around the hotel but there are alot of them around the shopping areas. You wont have a problem finding one.

England
Level Contributor
10 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Just Back

Just read your post as we are going in September to the same place and I've been slightly worried too about how windy it's reported to be - but you've reasurred me that about the breeze being welcoming so thanks for that :-)!

Birmingham, United...
Level Contributor
45 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Just Back

hi going the end of july to corralejo can youtell me anything about the place first vist here, was it expensive, were to eat thanks.