We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

3 weeks to go!!

Scotland
Level Contributor
231 posts
40 reviews
Save Topic
3 weeks to go!!

Hi everyone, can't believe we'll be jetting off to Caleta de Fuste in just 3 weeks time. We are staying at Castillo San Jorge on a self catering basis. Never been before, so is there anything I should know before we go and for when we arrive? Am travelling with husband and two children of 11 and 14. What activities are available in the resort that would cater for them. Oh am so excited!!!

Many thanks

Lilianne x

Scotland
Level Contributor
231 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 3 weeks to go!!

Oops forgot to ask what exactly is provided in a self catering apartment ie kettle, towels, etc

L x

Kent
9 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: 3 weeks to go!!

I'm also off to this place next month 23rd,I've never stayed here but it is cheaper then the barclo that i stayed at last year.I would also like to no if it's ok for the kid's aged 5 & 3 and would it be worth asking for a ground floor apartment or not?And what the room's with sea view's are like is it worth the extra money,have all rooms balcony's,and would it be safe for my kid's?

england
Destination Expert
for Corralejo
Level Contributor
1,183 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 3 weeks to go!!

your find most hotel do put family's in ground floor rooms,

Portskewett, United...
Level Contributor
831 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 3 weeks to go!!

The sea view rooms are worth the extra cost IMHO - its why I stay there (I have a picture of the view from the apartment on my wall in work so I can look at it when I am stressed!!)

In terms of what's in the apartments - 2 ring hob, microwave, cutlery, saucepans, kettle, crockery - sometimes a tea towel but I prefer taking my own. Basic toiletries but again I take my own. Towles - but you need your own for beach / pool.

No hairdryer but you can hire one from the supermarket in the Antigua as well as fans if you would rather not take your own

Small tv - not many english speaking channels though

Best part is constant hot water - most other apartments in Caleta have those single boilers which are just about enough for one person - nightmare with 4 of you - but no problem in the San Jorge where the hot water is o a central system.

And thats it really!

In terms of floors - most are above ground floor except the apartments on the road side of the building but even these are effectively first floor.

It's a nice place

Scotland
Level Contributor
231 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: 3 weeks to go!!

Thanks Sarahms

I can't wait, only two weeks now. Can you tell me anything about the resort, things to do, places to see and eat? The kids are wanting to visit Oasis park. Been advised to miss water park!

What is the cost of living like there. Last year in Lanzarote it was so reasonable and the variety was brill, my husband says we lived and ate like Kings!!! Is it much the same in Fuste?

Thanks in advance

Lilianne x

6. Re: 3 weeks to go!!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 October 2009, 04:18