We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

exchange rates

lancashire,uk
5 posts
Save Topic
exchange rates

We are travelling to jandia, fuerteventura mid july and wondered if anybody could tell us if we are better taking english money with us and exchanging there or taking euros with us. The best deal we've found over here is at 1.23.Would be glad of any advice thanks

england
Destination Expert
for Corralejo
Level Contributor
1,183 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: exchange rates

i would change up before you go, than you know your geting a decent rate otherwise you might get riped off if you change up over there

lancashire,uk
5 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: exchange rates

thanks for that i will make sure i buy before i go

beermonster425

somerset
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: exchange rates

Hi,in my recent experiences on Fuerteventura i would suggest that you will find it tough to beat 1.23.i was last there in april & could barely get 1.20 & i believe things werw slightly better then than they are now.good luck,happy holiday

lancashire,uk
5 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: exchange rates

thanks for your advice i bought my euros today at 1.23.We're buzzing now only 15 more days to go and counting!!

beermonster

oxford/swindon
Level Contributor
21 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: exchange rates

hey beermonster where did you find that rate?

lancashire,uk
5 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: exchange rates

Althams travel agents which as far as i know is only lancashire based but i shopped around and thomsons offered me the same deal if i bought there and then. Its worth a try good luck

beermonster

7. Re: exchange rates

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 October 2009, 03:17