We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

castiilo san jorge

lancashire
5 posts
1 review
Save Topic
castiilo san jorge

Hi. Im going to castillo san jorge in october with my mum,dad and boyfriend. Just wondering what the weather will be like and wondering if it will be hot enough to get a nice tan? Also my mum does not like cockroaches so just wondering if they have any there as i have read that it is not that clean and read lots of bad things about it. is it really bad? me and my family just need a break for a week and i hope this is the place where we can have a break. Also read that the nearest beach is up a big hill and it is 20 mins away and it is not a nice beach.....is this true? it is our first time going to fuertaventura so we have heard some good points and some bad points, i know that not everthing will be perfect, but i just want to know what it is really like? thanks

Scotland
Level Contributor
232 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: castiilo san jorge

Hi Ria2008

My family and I are just back from a fortnight at these apartments and we loved it there. I'm sure the weather in October will be lovely, there are other posts about this. We saw a couple of cockroaches whilst out and about but none in the apartments or surrounding areas. We stayed in the San Jorge and it was spotless in our apartment, a bit tired looking but it only for sleeping in. I would recommend a sea view though, stunning. The other two parts of the complex are Antigua and Suites but I liked San Jorge. The nearest sandy beach is about ten minutes away along the sea front promenade which is to the rear of this aparthotel. No big hill!! It is a crescent shaped beach and is really nice although it is man made. I think some folk would be unhappy with anything as some of the reviews seem a bit harsh to me. I wouldn't take my children to a mucky place. We all came back totally chilled and looking forward to our next time in Costa Caleta, it is a lovely resort. Have a great time. L x

Mentioned in this post
Antigua
Antigua
Fuerteventura, Spain
Hotel Costa Caleta
Hotel Costa Caleta
3,344 Reviews
Fuerteventura, Spain
lancashire
5 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: castiilo san jorge

Hi. Thank you for the prompt information, was a bit worried about the cockroaches and the weather but now im looking forward to going. Thank you.

Portskewett, United...
Level Contributor
850 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: castiilo san jorge

I went in November last year (I always go in the winter)and have stayed at the San Jorge 7 times!

The weather was lovely - quite hot in the day - up to 27 degrees - just nice but it cools down in the evening - you may need a cardigan not a coat or jacket - it actually makes it pleasant to sleep.

As Lilianne says the beach is a 10 min stroll along the promenade where you will see the chipmunks amoung the rocks on the way - it is a nice stroll - in fact watch the sun along there as there will be a sea breeze and it is deceptive how hot it is. The beach area is very nice although man made it is gently sloping into the sea and sectioned off from thewindsurfers and jet skis. There is a dive school in the harbour and a windsurf hire place at the other end of the beach. There are snorkelling trips from the habour if you fancy that sort of thing.

As for the San Jorge - in the 7 times I have been there I have never had a cockroach in my apartment - you will see odd ones about in the resort although not many really in the winter - I hate them too and if they had been in the apartment I wouldn't have stayed there again. Again as Lilianne says if you can get an apartment with a sea view it will be worth the extra cost - if you have booked a package e mail the hotel before you go or give them a ring. I always book direct so book a sea view one.

The resort is nice and quiet in November so you will have a nice relaxing time.

Sarah

Derby
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: castiilo san jorge

Just got back from the Castillo San Jorge, the hotel itself is superb for relaxing in and reasonably tidy although after a 1 week stay and being around the San Jorge pool every day we noticed that the tiled area was never washed down or litter picked up from undr the loungers and the stairwells were never cleaned (lolipops and cigarettes on the stairs for all 7 days. As for cockroaches we saw a few everyday most were by the pool gardens near the Kings Arms pub at the other end of the complex. All of the sea facing bathing areas were very clean and the pools are all cleaned and monitored. If all inclusibve as we were I would be wary of the food in the buffet dining area the breakfast (beans and scrambled eggs were either cold or warm and dried up, same for the evening vegetables etc) we decided to eat out every day after trying it for the first 3 days. Not sure about October weather. Although we had an excellent time I would not return to this hotel

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
657 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: castiilo san jorge

i have a house in caleta but my family always stay in the san jorge,caleta is a really chilled place ,with some great restaurants,try the trafalgar cafe just around corner from your complex, run by brits , good food at good prices. other good eateries are tony romas, slowboat chinese (next to mambo house).and a must is fado rock (try leg of lamb, it literally is a whole leg of lamb ). some good bars in town ,many with happy hours, try pierros bar ,live entertainment every night, but no nightclubs and no loud music bars. ive been back to caleta four times this year ,and think i may have seen at most 3 cockroaches in all four visits.the weather will be warm,mid 20s you may get a bit of cloud in the morning but by lunchtime should be hot and sunny.may need a cardigan at night. the beach is ok but if you do like spending time on the beach get the free bus outside your complex to the atlantico ctr 5 mins away,you can see it across the other side of the bay, there is a great beach here.our next visit is new year, late december,, even then we spend most of our days on the beach,with mother in law whos 72. caleta is just a really laid back and chilled out place,really hope you enjoy

6. Re: castiilo san jorge

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 October 2009, 20:18