We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Car Hire - Caleta de Fuste

Portskewett, United...
Level Contributor
813 posts
78 reviews
Save Topic
Car Hire - Caleta de Fuste

Hi All,

Anyone recommend a car hire company in Caleta de Fuste. Going in a couple of weeks and just want to hire for a day or so and pick up / drop off in Caleta.

Although have been to Caleta loads of times we have never hired a car or taken any notice of the car hire places there!!!

Thanks for any advice

Sarah

Portskewett, United...
Level Contributor
813 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Car Hire - Caleta de Fuste

Anyone?

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
642 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Car Hire - Caleta de Fuste

i usually book my cars in the uk ,from carhire4less they are really holiday autos, but a bit cheaper. used them about 6 times now,whether its 3 days or two weeks, good value and have always given me cars from avis or hertz ,both which can be picked up in caleta .have never booked a car direct from companies in caleta ,even though many to choose from as you may well know.

Portskewett, United...
Level Contributor
813 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Car Hire - Caleta de Fuste

Thanks for that - I will look them up now.

Northumberland...
Level Contributor
338 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Car Hire - Caleta de Fuste

Last March we used Payless Car Rental which we booked on the internet and picked up our 7 seater Zafira for 3 days from the Cicar office (opposite childrens trampolines in the main street) in Caleta and returned to the same place, they supplied us with 2 childrens carseats as well. They are worth a look at, because we found them to be the cheapest and good quality cars, we also paid cash. You would have to book in advance though if using payless as cicar are more expensive, even though you are using their cars.

UK
Level Contributor
16 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Car Hire - Caleta de Fuste

We used Hertz but booked in the uk before we went. With hindsight this worked out good as I paid less booking in advcance than paying euros when we got there. Had no problem with Hertz at all, we got a Hyundai Getz which seems to be a popular make of rental car on the island. It was a lovely little runner and easy to drive - even in the mountains and up to mirador! The only rental company I seem to have heard bad stories about is orlando rentals.

Hope this helps

6. Re: Car Hire - Caleta de Fuste

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 October 2009, 13:19