We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Fuerteventura club magic life

kent
Level Contributor
22 posts
Save Topic
Fuerteventura club magic life

Hi we are taking 2 x adults and 3 x children 12, 14 and 16 was wondering if any one had any tips for us good and bad points are sunbeds a problem etc etc thanks kelly

Fuerteventura Secret Beaches Tour by...
2 Reviews
from US$70.30*
Free Cancellation
South Fuerteventura 4x4 Jeep Tour...
3 Reviews
from US$75.00*
Free Cancellation
swindon
Level Contributor
95 posts
117 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Fuerteventura club magic life

We have walked around this hotel a couple of times when it was the Occidental, although not during school holidays. It has never seemed overcrowed, and there were always plenty of sunbeds. We have never seen many children. We have stayed at the Fuerteventura Princess next door.

Beach is lovely, and there is a sailing/wind surfing centre a couple of hundred yards along the beach if you are interested. There is a zoo park nearby which most people seem to like. The hotel is directly above the beach, which you reach by a number of steps or down a sandy incline. The hotel does not have any sunbeds on the beach, but you can hire them at 3 euros for a bed or an umbrella.

My main concern would be that the area is very quiet and there is nowhere to walk at night outside the hotel grounds, unless you get a taxi into Jandia / Morro Jable, and even then these close early at nights.

Most people go for the sun, beaches, relaxation, windsurfing/sailing or naturism. So I guess it depends what you are looking for.

Mentioned in this post
Fuerteventura Princess
Fuerteventura Princess
1,966 Reviews
Fuerteventura, Spain
Jandia
Jandia
187 Reviews
Fuerteventura, Spain
Morro Jable
Morro Jable
147 Reviews
Fuerteventura, Spain
kent
Level Contributor
22 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Fuerteventura club magic life

Thanks for info how ever it has recently become a club magic life and first choice have assued me that there is day/eve entertainment for the children as we are all inclusive and have been told there was entertainment we decided we would'nt need to go out of the resort

If any one has been in the last month please let me know if there is a fight for sunbeds what the food is like etc etc feel like we are going in a bit blind still a holiday is what you make it and i will post a review when we get back

South London
Level Contributor
16 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Fuerteventura club magic life

Have you been yet ?

We are going, 2+3 teenagers on August 7th, seems to be getting good reviews now, ignore any from before this year, it was bought out by Thomson and revamped.

kent
Level Contributor
22 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Fuerteventura club magic life

Hi we go a week sat so can't wait.

may see you out there then we will still be there on the 7th Aug just look for the mad english family of 5 have fun x

Edinburgh
Level Contributor
9 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Fuerteventura club magic life

Hi,we too are going out on the 7th for 2 weeks,family with 4 boys ages 4 to 14 so hoping the blurb about kid's entertainment lives up to the promise esp. the teenagers bit!

Where have you seen the positive reviews please, we would love some reassurance?

South London
Level Contributor
16 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Fuerteventura club magic life

Glad there are a few more Brits going, although larger proportion of germans indicate a quality resort !!, nice to have some other British kids for them to make friends though, I guess you are flying out from Edinburgh not Gatwick ? , what time do you arrive there ?

remember to ignore any reviews of time there before 2010, as Thomson took this hotel over in November 2009

feedback here, on the Thomson site itself

thomson.co.uk/holiday-reviews/…

On this site

tripadvisor.co.uk/Hotel_Review-g562817-d1586…

and here

http://www.holidaycheck.com/hotel-travel+information_Hotel+Club+Magic+Life+Fuerteventura+Imperial-hid_113501.html

Mentioned in this post
Edinburgh
Edinburgh
Scotland, UK
TUI MAGIC LIFE Fuerteventura
TUI MAGIC LIFE...
3,909 Reviews
Fuerteventura, Spain
Edinburgh
Level Contributor
9 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Fuerteventura club magic life

Hi, we fly out from Glasgow in the morning so I guess we should be arriving early afternoon. I am hoping that as it is school hols there should be a few more Brits than people have mentioned in those reviews.

We stay at the Thomson 5T in Sharm el sheik(Blue bay resort) in February so we thought we would try this for our main hols as long as the boys are busy , and they like the food, we should be ok! Oh and the cocktails are good by the sounds of it!

We have Cameron 14, Jamie 12, Brodie 10 and Lachlan 4 so if you hear those names around that is our clan!

Mentioned in this post
Glasgow
Glasgow
Scotland, UK
kent
Level Contributor
22 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Fuerteventura club magic life

i glad i started this post so helpful to know other people going we are flying from stansted on sat 31st July arriving early evening we have Myles 16 Paige 14 and Taylor 12 so come and say hi

will post review on my return regarding sunbeds beach food etc etc

happy holidays

South London
Level Contributor
16 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Fuerteventura club magic life

Sounds like we'll be last there then, probably 10pm on the 7th, make sure there is a cold beer ready on the bar ;)

Edited: 26 July 2010, 20:00
Edinburgh
Level Contributor
9 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: Fuerteventura club magic life

I'm sure we can manage a chilled beer or 2, although I got it wrong, and we won't get there 'til 8.30 p.m.. I am guessing Kelly is a real name , from Kent, but who do we look out for from London, are you a real Baron??? I am Suzy and my hubbie Colin.

Mentioned in this post
London
London
England, UK