We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best hotel wanted for quiet middle aged couple

Devon,England
Level Contributor
26 posts
19 reviews
Save Topic
Best hotel wanted for quiet middle aged couple

We want a nice hotel for a couple of weeks.We don't want a hotel with a disco or animation but perhaps one with a small group playing.We would prefer bed & breakfast as we like to eat out.A few English guests would be nice but not neccesary.We don't want one full of English package holidays.It would be ideal to be able to walk to a village/town as I don't want to hire a car.

Anyone with any suggestions

Thank you

UK
Level Contributor
871 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best hotel wanted for quiet middle aged couple

One suggestion would be the Barcelo Corralejo Bay. It is set to become an 'adults only' hotel from April 12. (Not sure when are planning a visit, so may not be relevant)

You can book on B & B or HB, and it's a good location for a wander into town of an evening, or just a stroll on the beach during the day. Have a look at some TA reviews and see what you think.

When I priced it up, it wasn't much difference to go HB, so might be an option to consider - you can have the best of both worlds then and chose to eat at the hotel or go out for your evening meal.

england
Destination Expert
for Corralejo
Level Contributor
1,183 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best hotel wanted for quiet middle aged couple

you can also book the Barcelo Corralejo Bay as all inclusive now!! woohooo im going back in august, i hope it does go adult only thou, ive been hearing this rumor for a while now,

3. Re: Best hotel wanted for quiet middle aged couple

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 09 April 2013, 13:37
UK
Level Contributor
871 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Best hotel wanted for quiet middle aged couple

I was pricing it up on Travel Republic for a visit later this year and this is where I saw that it was going to be Adults Only from April. I think it's a great idea - I'm not sure there is one anywhere else on Fuerteventura and would certainly tempt me to book.

Not sure about them offering the AI option is a good idea though, there are some fabulous restaurants in Corralejo. However, I do think that the comment regarding baseball caps and football shirts is a bit over the top. There are some nice AI hotels that do cater for the more discerning holidaymakers! (Hotel Costa Calero in Lanzarote is one that springs to mind) and I would hope that the Barcelo in Corralejo would attract a similar type of guest.

Birmingham, United...
Level Contributor
103 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Best hotel wanted for quiet middle aged couple

I can see both points of view here.....I dont think a chain like Barcelo would go completely all inclusive at this resort. But if they offer it as one option it

will most likely work.

Its a fact though, All Inclusive does nothing for the local economy and Corralejo has suffered over the last few years. People on here should be encouraged to go s/c or b&b and use the many fine restaurants in the resort.

6. Re: Best hotel wanted for quiet middle aged couple

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 October 2012, 19:17