We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best place in April

Raglan, United...
Level Contributor
140 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Best place in April

Hi

I am interested in booking a holiday for next April - just wondered (as the island is typically windy) is there a more sheltered resort and in April is there still a chill to the wind?

(I'm asking as we were in Maspalomas GC in Feb this year and although hot when the wind picked up and by the sea it could be quite chilly)

Thanks in advance

Twyning, United...
Level Contributor
481 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best place in April

By far the best resort is Corralejo. The dunes to the south of the town are like Maspalomas only quieter. The town centre (by the port) is authentic, but there is a large "strip" of tacky bars on the way into town. Dont let them put you off.

Next best in Jandia, quieter, but also beautiful.

April is fine for weather, I have gone in March and November and had no problem. The wind is more at sea (hence the windsurfing). In the dunes, you can duck out of the wind and roast all year around!

Raglan, United...
Level Contributor
140 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best place in April

Lovely..thank you!

3. Re: Best place in April

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 October 2013, 10:16