We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Most sunshine - Jandia or Corralejo

scotland
Level Contributor
16 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Most sunshine - Jandia or Corralejo

I am planning a holiday to Fuerteventura at end of February. Only wish is to get out of this awful British weather and to participate in as much sun bathing as possible! Is there any difference to average hours of sun in Jandia and Corralejo? I have read the island can be windy, is either resort typically less windy than the other? Many thanks for any advice on this.

scotland
Level Contributor
12,647 posts
233 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Most sunshine - Jandia or Corralejo

As they are only around 80 kms apart I'd say the sunshine hrs would be the same .

Co. Kildare,
Level Contributor
10 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Most sunshine - Jandia or Corralejo

I was wondering the same thing. Is the South less windy than the North of the island. We've found this on Lanzarote & would like to know if its the same on fuerteventura.

Caleta de Fuste...
Destination Expert
for Caleta de Fuste, Fuerteventura
Level Contributor
6,015 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Most sunshine - Jandia or Corralejo

Jandia is more protected from any strong winds that may blow from the prevailing NE direction.

Twyning, United...
Level Contributor
481 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Most sunshine - Jandia or Corralejo

Jandia is a quieter resort, Corralejo the busier resort. The best beaches are south of the town in Corralejo, whereas in Jandia they tend to be nearer the hotels. The winds can be something or nothing, so plan your holiday around what you want (i.e. busier resort, closer to beaches, etc) rather than the weather. There is not a lot between the North and the South

5. Re: Most sunshine - Jandia or Corralejo

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 January 2014, 07:17
Get answers to your questions about Fuerteventura