We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Weather in August?

London, United...
Level Contributor
22 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Weather in August?

Hi Everyone, We just came home from 2 weeks in Corralejo (early April) and had excellent weather most of the time - as expected, cooler in the evening and a few cloudy days.

My question is this... what's it like in August? I've seen lots of people/websites saying it's much the same all year round (mid 20's) but locals out there told us it regularly reaches 40c in August and the breeze drops to nothing!!

Also, is there much difference around the island? We stayed in Corralejo which we loved but we've been considering Caleta de Fuste and wondered if they still get that lovely breeze on the east coast?

I know lots of you on here are out there every year so thought I'd best ask the experts! What's your experience of August weather?

Thanks

Caleta de Fuste...
Destination Expert
for Caleta de Fuste, Fuerteventura
Level Contributor
6,184 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Weather in August?

August is one of the hottest months of the year, and temperatures will be around 30 degrees in the day and 21 at night. Sometimes there is a miniheatwave which can lift temperatures up to 40.

THere's nearly always a wind blowing, which is refreshing and helps to make things a bit cooler.

September is usually hotter, as the wind drops.

London, United...
Level Contributor
22 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Weather in August?

Thank you :-)

London
Level Contributor
118 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Weather in August?

Brilliant! I'm coming out in September.

This may sound a bit silly but does anybody know why the wind seems to drop in September at all?

england
Destination Expert
for Corralejo
Level Contributor
1,183 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Weather in August?

we have always ever been to fuerteventura in august as haveing kids an school holidays, i still remember walking down thru the main town of Corralejo 1 evening about 9pm there was an big digital clock half way down the strip with a tempture reading also an it read 27.4 but every year we have been its always been over 30s in the shade, the breeze is very welcomeing i find,

ive always been told it gets warmer to the south of the island Jandia

scotland
Level Contributor
13,880 posts
244 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Weather in August?

The wind ( breeze) is there mostly all the time and can catch you out if your not careful . ie getting like a lobster .

6. Re: Weather in August?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 April 2014, 06:19