We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Paying Hotel in Euros

lanarkshire
Level Contributor
12 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Paying Hotel in Euros

I've booked a hotel in fuerteventura which i pay on arrival, can anyone tell me the best way to pay this to prevent loosing out with exchange rates?

Antigua, Spain
Level Contributor
4,724 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Paying Hotel in Euros

Hi

Sorry the question you asked does not make sense........if paying in Euros then pay in Euros.....if paying in Stirling then pay in Sterling.......the thing to avoid is paying in sterling and allowing the hotel to convert to euros at the hotels rate.(as you will always get a lower rate compared to exchanging in Exchange shops)

London, England
Level Contributor
7,984 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Paying Hotel in Euros

I have a Santander Zero CC which doesn't charge for paying in foreign currencies. Make sure you choose the Euros option if you pay by CC or debit card.

3. Re: Paying Hotel in Euros

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 July 2014, 05:17