We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

In a pickle! Need real 4+-5* hotel, half board, heated pool.

East Sussex
Level Contributor
125 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
In a pickle! Need real 4+-5* hotel, half board, heated pool.

Hi there

Desperate to make a decision on a hotel in Fuerteventura for a week's stay at the beginning of January, and can't seem to!

We are a family of three, parents and a young adult son, and he has been recently tragically bereaved. We need a hotel to pick up his and our spirits, a week to collect our thoughts and rest. This week also coincides with his birthday, and with Christmas coming too, we would very much like something to look forward to.

We are all keen birders so will hire a car to go sightseeing and discover the island for ourselves. However, we would like a half board clean, peaceful, hotel to start and end the day in, and perhaps have a few hours around the heated pool.

Is there one that springs to mind? I have seen the Elba Palace Golf one and that does look beautiful, but I don't think the pool is heated. That's the sort of thing we are looking for. A real treat to start off what can only be a better year.

Thank you so much in advance.

Level Contributor
185 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: In a pickle! Need real 4+-5* hotel, half board, heated pool.

hi i think the elba palace is adult only (not to sure though), caleta is a good base to see the whole island,

so the hotels in the area which are 4 stars are hotel elba sara and elba carlota which are at a nice beach and next to atlantico shopping centre and about a ten minute walk to caleta or you have the barcelo fuerteventura which is situated in caleta itself.

They all have good reviews really, we have chosen hotel elba sara ourselves for the new year. Or you have the sheraton which is five stars which is next to the elbas.

i would take a look at the reviews on here x x hope you have a fantastic time whatever you choose

oh and they all do half board and heated pool (just a tip sometimes half board works out more than all inclusive when booking, and also some hotels do not accept cash)

Edited: 26 November 2013, 20:54
East Sussex
Level Contributor
125 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: In a pickle! Need real 4+-5* hotel, half board, heated pool.

Thanks for such a quick reply! Our son is 22 so is fine for the Elba palace, but I will have a look at your other two suggestions. I did have a look at the Sheraton, but I think it looked kind of busy. I will check out Caleta as a base now and the Barceló. I'm terrified of getting the decision wrong. We have never stayed in a hotel before!!! We normally holiday in a self catered apartment, but the need for R and R is too great this time.

Thank you again.

Claire

Caleta de Fuste...
Destination Expert
for Caleta de Fuste, Fuerteventura
Level Contributor
6,135 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: In a pickle! Need real 4+-5* hotel, half board, heated pool.

The Elba Sara has a heated pool. The Elba Palace pool is not heated.

Caleta would be a good base for exploring the island . See www.caletafuerteventura.com

Corralejo, Spain
Destination Expert
for Corralejo
Level Contributor
4,686 posts
111 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: In a pickle! Need real 4+-5* hotel, half board, heated pool.

In Corralejo, there's a hotel that may well fit the bill: bahiarealresort.com/granhotel/… It's a 5* hotel, with an indoor pool that's not just heated but heated to 32°C! It also has a very well recommended restaurant. It has direct access to a little beach with a very neat new chill-out area built out over the sea, and it's also close to the start of the enormously-long "Grandes Playas" area of beaches and dunes. It doesn't look too great from the outside, particularly as there's a real eyesore of a half-built-then-neglected hotel complex at the back, but it's supposed to be sheer luxury inside.

A fair walk, short bus ride or cheap taxi ride will take you into the town itself, with all the facilities you'd expect including great low-key nightlife. Daytime, there's every watersport you can think of.

I really think that the combination of the pampering of the Bahia, a bit of exercise among the waves, and the friendly atmosphere of the town bars in the evening will be just what the doctor would order if it were available on the NHS.

5. Re: In a pickle! Need real 4+-5* hotel, half board, heated pool.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 November 2014, 05:16