We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to stay

CO.DOWN
Level Contributor
528 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
Where to stay

As two first timers to Fuerteventura where should we try. Not party folk (anymore,60ish) we would like some place quiet with nice places to eat. On a small complex.

Corralejo, Spain
Destination Expert
for Corralejo
Level Contributor
4,506 posts
111 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Where to stay

Most places on the island would probably fit those requirements.

I mean, Corralejo is said to be the liveliest place here but it really isn't the "loud and late" destination that appeals to groups of youngsters - more suited to families, couples and singles; not necessarily OAPs but not the classic "18-30 club" lot either. You can have a meal in one of the restaurants then either take your pick of the many live music bars, or sit outside a bar to watch the people and the sea; or just go for a walk along the promenade. We loved it so much we moved here, at the age of 57 and 63.

If Corralejo sounds too lively, then you could try El Cotillo in the north - a rather sleepy but pleasant fishing/tourist village with beautiful beach areas in the form of small lagoons; or Caleta halfway down; or the places in the south of the island. I'll let someone else give you the lowdown on those places.

As for choice of complex in your selected destination, I don't think you can do better than browse all that's available in the reviews section. That way you get a much better cross-section of opinions, over time. When you've narrowed it down to a couple and/or have specific queries, feel free to come back here.

I'm sure you'll have a great holiday wherever you choose to stay.

Wales
Level Contributor
293 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Where to stay

Based on your brief criteria I can recommend Morro Jable / Jandia in the very south of the island.. As suggested above research some of previous reviews.

Caleta de Fuste...
Destination Expert
for Caleta de Fuste, Fuerteventura
Level Contributor
5,797 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Where to stay

Try Caleta de Fuste - a quiet resort suitable for families and couples.

Lots of information on www.caletafuerteventura.com

Have a look at the reviews for Castillo Playa bungalows - close to the centre and the beach.

Wales
Level Contributor
293 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Where to stay

For what its worth ( and I appreciate a lot of people really like the place) we found Caleta to be very 'Englishy' - whereas Morro Jable, being an authentic fishing village has a more natural feel about it, and attracts a more diverse visitor demographic. The bars and shops etc are frequented by locals as well as tourists.

Edited: 17 December 2013, 12:29
5. Re: Where to stay

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 December 2014, 05:19