We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

first time, help needed, please:)

Cork, Ireland
Level Contributor
19 posts
26 reviews
Save Topic
first time, help needed, please:)

hi, im planning on going to Fuerteventura in April for Easter break.

I'll be going with my husband and 12 year old child.

I really dont know which part of the island we should pick. I would love a hotel on the beach, 4 or 5 star, possibly with all inclusive option.

which part of the island has nice white sandy beaches?

Lennoxtown, United...
Level Contributor
226 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: first time, help needed, please:)

Corralejo, in the north, has the Grandes Playas beaches adjacent. They're a lovely area of golden sand dunes and beach. If you're not worried about being in the resort, the Tres Islas and Oliva Beach hotels are situated out in the dunes.

In the south, there are miles of beach between the resorts of Costa Calma and Morro Jable and many hotels are pretty much on the beach. Esquinzo and Sotavento are locations between those two main resorts to look out for.

Corralejo, Spain
Level Contributor
48 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: first time, help needed, please:)

Corralejo is the best place to be.shops bars Beaches etc. No need for a car http://fuerteventuramobilityscooterhire.com/

Twyning, United...
Level Contributor
481 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: first time, help needed, please:)

I agree with the first post - Corralejo is a good bet, The town is quite large and busy, the beaches (out of town) are fantastic. If town is important, consider Atlantis for AI, but you will enjoy eating out in Corralejo. If beach is more important, look at the Riu hotels which are on Oliva beach, one is AI, the other is 5*.

Corralejo, Spain
Destination Expert
for Corralejo
Level Contributor
4,759 posts
111 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: first time, help needed, please:)

Even the beaches in the bay of Corralejo are nice Saharan sand. They are superb for very young kids as the sea's calm and shelves incredibly gently. Maybe a bit tame for adults and a 12-yo, but then for waves etc there are all those kilometres of dunes beaches just outside the town, with a half-hourly bus service as well as cheap taxis.

Cork, Ireland
Level Contributor
19 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: first time, help needed, please:)

Thank you very much for your help, I have booked my flights last night, looking for a good hotel now in Corralejo:) I cant wait, I hope the weather wont disappoint for Easter.

Thanks again for making my decision much easier.

Corralejo, Spain
Destination Expert
for Corralejo
Level Contributor
4,759 posts
111 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: first time, help needed, please:)

We're having all this year's rain this week, so it should be fine for Easter. :)

7. Re: first time, help needed, please:)

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 31 January 2015, 05:18