We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Caleta De Fuste Or Corralejo?

London, United...
12 posts
Save Topic
Caleta De Fuste Or Corralejo?

Hi all,

Just after a bit of advise please - Myself, my husband and our 2 children (age 7 & 2) have booked flights to Fuerteventura in June this year. We are not too fussed about nightlife but would like a nice beach nearby and an all inclusive hotel with good facilities for the children. We have narrowed down our choices to The Club Caleta Dorada in Calete De Fuste or The Oasis Papagayo in Corralejo - I have been to Corralejo aboout 10 years ago and was blown away by how amazing the beach near the dunes was - Is the beach at Caleta anything like that or will I be dissapointed??!! Ive read that the beach at Caleta has lots of pebbles as you go into the sea too, is this true?

I have read reviews for both hotels and both have good and bad - I need help making a decision!!

Many Thanks

Mentioned in this post
Corralejo
Corralejo
Fuerteventura, Spain
Fuerteventura
Destination Expert
for Fuerteventura, Paros, Sifnos
Level Contributor
4,199 posts
995 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Caleta De Fuste Or Corralejo?

The beaches at/near Corralejo are amazing and Corrralejo has a more local side to it than Caleta. The trouble with the beach at Caleta is that it is man made. The local authorities are talking currently about how much they will have to spend to improve it

Mentioned in this post
Corralejo
Corralejo
Fuerteventura, Spain
Corralejo, Spain
Destination Expert
for Corralejo
Level Contributor
5,192 posts
143 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Caleta De Fuste Or Corralejo?

From what you've said, I'm sure you'll have a great time at either place.

I suspect that if you stay in Corralejo you might prefer to spend most of your beach time around the bay with kids that age - the sea there is very shallow and calm whereas it can be a bit daunting on the long dunes beach that's open to the Atlantic waves. But do go for a visit as the dunes are great fun for kids (and adults!) once they realise that they can throw themselves down them with no damage. Great photo opportunities.

BTW: I know AI can be a good choice price-wise, but bear in mind that there are probably well on the way to a hundred places to eat in and around Corralejo, many of them in the "cheap 'n' cheerful" catogory, including many with set all-in menus so prices don't get out of hand. It has to be said that the quality of food and service leaves something to be desired in most of the AI hotels. There again, if it's AI or nothing, do come AI and enjoy your visit!

Mentioned in this post
Corralejo
Corralejo
Fuerteventura, Spain
3. Re: Caleta De Fuste Or Corralejo?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 March 2015, 05:27