We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Help Help Help

Level Contributor
485 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Help Help Help

Help me people lol I have asked before but didn't get much of a response but looking for a good AI hotel on the island kid friendly with a good sized pool with decent food also, possibly free wifi also for 3 adults & 5 kids ages 16, 14, 12, 8 & 4 thank you so much

england
Destination Expert
for Corralejo
Level Contributor
1,183 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Help Help Help

Take a look at ClubHotel Riu Oliva Beach Resort in Corralejo very nice hotel been before great kids club right on the beach, with good pools etc..

Corralejo, Spain
Destination Expert
for Corralejo
Level Contributor
4,738 posts
111 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Help Help Help

Why don't you look through the reviews here? It's what they're there for. That way, you get a range of opinions from different dates and different circumstances. Ask here and you'll just get the opinion of one or two people who may not want what you want.

Bearing in mind that there probably isn't an AI hotel on the island without a fair-sized pool, there must be very many that fit the description given. An awful lot depends on what you want to do. I agree that the RIU has a good reputation, and it may suit you down to the ground, but it wouldn't suit me as it's a long way from the buzz of the town that I love so much, so maybe that would be a negative for you.

Birmingham, United...
Level Contributor
103 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Help Help Help

If your looking at Corralejo, then check out Las Marismas. Went there last year with family and the kids had a great time.

I would not recommend the Riu Olivia Beach. As SheilaW34 says, its a long way out of the town and well away from the attractions. Friends who went there in February said it was shabby with poor quality food.

Edited: 01 May 2014, 23:13
england
Destination Expert
for Corralejo
Level Contributor
1,183 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Help Help Help

I wouldnt say its a long way out of town! its walking distance if your a keen walker otherwise its a 5min taxi ride which will cost u around 5euros, or theres a bus stop at bottom of the road by the hotel which will cost you less,

But yes before you decide take a look at the reviews on this place, we are due here again for our 2nd visit in july, end of day every where you go you will get people moaning about things in there hotel as you have to have some negative! nothing is perfect in this world (ha ha ) but remember a holiday will only be what you make it!

Which ever you decide i hope you have an amzeing time!

Aylesbury
Level Contributor
51 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Help Help Help

Around 50 hotels would fit the criteria you've given, probably more.

Fuerteventura
Destination Expert
for Fuerteventura, Paros, Sifnos
Level Contributor
3,628 posts
889 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Help Help Help

Check the Trip Advisor accommodation reviews and make your choice between what people say how good or bad the place is and the price. Read a little bit between the lines and filter out the really bad and really good reviews.

We have booked 50 or so places based on TA and other reviews and only had two or three negative experiences.

uk
Level Contributor
410 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Help Help Help

We are just back from Riu Oliva and if I go back it will be to here. Food is as good as the other 4 and 5 star Riu's that I have been to.We thought we were going to be really out in the sticks but we could see Correjejo in the distance from our balcony and seen the Lanzarote ferry going in and out and had good views to Lobos and Lanzarote and the beach at the Riu is beautiful. 5 mins at most in a taxi and that was because we didnt know the way or else we would have walked in and got transport back although if you have disability or buggies etc then you may want to be closer but for us a couple in our 30s it was great

Coventry, United...
2 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Help Help Help

I was looking at the Riu Olivia for September, wife and two toddlers but was worried about some of the poor reviews .People keep talking about the annexe which sounds awful.

Gazzer .... you reviewed this hotel in August 2012 and described it as 'not great' and that you would not be returning ? ? ? Seems odd that your going back.

uk
Level Contributor
410 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Help Help Help

We payed £403 per person and didnt have high hopes after reading the reviews but have had my eye on this hotel for years due to its stunning location. We were really pleased with our choice especially after seeing some of the others in the centre they seemed more crushed in and the beach wasnt as nice and Corrajelo is quite small and quiet anyway so having to get transport in was no big deal for us and was glad to get back to Riu to be honest.

Its true its a little shabby but thats because there was talk of closing it down as there was some dispute with the council or whatever but now thats sorted out im sure they will upgrade and put prices up. I have been to a few Riu before upgrades and they still are brilliant holidays.

We usually go 4 and 5 star and usually to a Riu and the food choice and quality is exactly the same. The staff and service at this hotel is exceptional as we had a few problems that were dealt with and sorted straight away. Lots of entertainment and fitness classes etc.

Depends how much you are paying, I would be willing to pay £700 max and pay for sea view to ensure you are in the main hotel or else email hotel and make sure im in hotel and not the annexe. The annexe looks pleasent enough on the outside but inside is basic looking but if it was a total bargain then I would book

Next time I will book Caletta/Jandia areas which was my original plan as its stunning looking hotels and beaches but everyone says theres theres nothing to do etc but Corrajelo was quite quiet as well but think I will enjoy it with a few trips etc

england
Destination Expert
for Corralejo
Level Contributor
1,183 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Help Help Help

yes your correct i did review this hotel an said i wasnt going back but after we got home an thought about things we looked into other hotels an we didnt relise the diffence in how much this hotel really has to offer!

An i should really see about getting that review i gave changed! but yes dont get me wrong every hotel has its faults just like this place did, but thay was not major faults where we couldnt enjoy our holiday we all really enjoyed our stay here thats why we are due to go back in july 2014,