We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Weather in iune

Nottinghamshire
7 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Weather in iune

Just looked at long term weather forcast for 20-27 th June and it looks miserable !!!!!! Are they so accurate ?

P T
Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
663 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Weather in iune

NO , and if they are accurate that far ahead its by pure luck!

At the beginning of May they predicted record temperatures for here in Britain before the end of the month , look out of your window and make your own mind up :-)

Llanelli, United...
Level Contributor
4,810 posts
120 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Weather in iune

Hi Sproutsi-pay no attention to the forecasts. Fuerte will be fine-as always. If it rains,have a beer in one of the numerous bars. If/when it's glorious sunshine,have another beer in the sun as well. It will be fine & we arrive 11 am on 18/6 for another fab holiday in Corralejo-roll on. Cheers!

Nottinghamshire
7 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Weather in iune

Thanks

Fuerteventura
Destination Expert
for Fuerteventura, Paros, Sifnos
Level Contributor
3,972 posts
952 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Weather in iune

Just looked at long term weather forcast for 20-27 th June and it looks miserable !!!!!!

Which website did you look at?

Corralejo, Spain
Destination Expert
for Corralejo
Level Contributor
5,030 posts
133 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Weather in iune

@Scarletrugby: it's not been so good these last few days, I have to say :( More cloud than sun, the odd drip or two, and very blustery. However, it's been lovely and sunny today although blowing a gale.

Weather forecasts here have always been notoriously bad. Nowadays, the weather here is becoming rather changeable, just the way it is around the entire planet, it seems to me. So they're making even less sense. We've had both 47-50°C and flooding forecast recently yet we've not had anything of the sort.

Llanelli, United...
Level Contributor
4,810 posts
120 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Weather in iune

Hi Sheila-beats being here that's for sure! Fingers crossed for sunshine & we're optimistic it will be ok. As far as we're concerned, the hotter the better & many Tropicals will be consumed. Please keep us all posted with accurate weather updates. Cheers!

Corralejo, Spain
Destination Expert
for Corralejo
Level Contributor
5,030 posts
133 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Weather in iune

Well, I'm certainly not going to post the weather every day - I'm too busy enjoying the place to do that! Too busy enjoying the Tropical, actually ;).

I do think Corralejo needs more for tourists to do if the weather isn't really great - entrepreneurial types, take note! But you can find sheltered spots for days like today: windy but very sunny. Of course, many of the bars here have sheltered terraces and the ones overlooking the bay are mind-blowing - so much to take in that you forget the wind's blowing too.

I know you'll enjoy your next visit - I hope others will enjoy theirs.

Fuerteventura
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
3,972 posts
952 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Weather in iune

Interesting about the recent weather in Fuerte.

The Jetstream seems to have gone way off course to the South over the last two weeks or so. We had a tail wind on a flight north from Bordeaux to Amsterdam and a tail wind from Amsterdam to Exeter. Both were in the opposite direction from usual. We were in the South of France for a week from May 18th and the weather was really poor - rainy, windy and cool - almost every day. We flew on May 25 to The Netherlands and apart from a nice Sunday there was rain again every day. On Wednesday we flew to Exeter and the cloudy weather with light rain followed us here.

All of this seems to have been caused by the same weather system affecting Fuerte.

Hope it improves

Fuerteventura
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
3,972 posts
952 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Weather in iune

It is strange that the weather has been so bad in Fuerteventura and other places in Europe in the last week.

I have been just reading reports about the weather on Sifnos in the Greek islands where they have very recently had hurricane force (Beaufort 13) winds for 3 hours and there has been a lot of damage to property and boats and, of course, all the ferries were cancelled.

So it is not that bad on Fuerteventura in comparison.

10. Re: Weather in iune

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 June 2015, 05:16