We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Which is best ? :)

Level Contributor
4 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Which is best ? :)

Hello everyone :)

I've been looking to go to fuerteventura in September and was wondering which beach is best ? As in lots of space and calmer water for swimming ? as I've seen mixed reviews , was thinking either corralejo ? Or jandia ?

Also are some other beaches in walking distance ?

Thanks for any help :) will be our first time visiting !

Nikki

Brussels
Level Contributor
26 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Which is best ? :)

Hi

"Also are some other beaches in walking distance ? "

In walking distance of what ?? :-)

Corralejo - Jandia is 1h35 drive You can always walk but ..... ;-)

Level Contributor
4 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Which is best ? :)

Sorry I mean are there other beaches near jandia in waking distance ? Or is a car needed ?

Level Contributor
4 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Which is best ? :)

Also forgot to ask which is better for things to do during day / evening , jandia or corralejo ? We are a couple in mid twenties but don't like clubbing ... Just a relaxed holiday :)

Brussels
Level Contributor
26 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Which is best ? :)

Hi

1. Beaches

At first sight i'd say Costa Calma and its surroundings.

I have not been everywhere on the island but a short link is often better than long litterature : tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowUserReviews-g663392-d1…

2. What to do ?

It depends on what you are looking for.

- sea , sun, beachesWhereever you go on the coast, you will find a nice place to be.

- discover the island : so many things to do that it would be too long to write. Nearby the Natural Park of Jandia. Morro jable in the south. Going north you have La Pared , Pajara, Betancuria (it was the capital a long time ago),...

I assume that you'll stay in Jandia. So yes if you really want to enjoy the island, you will need a car which is definitely not expensive for all the discoveries you will make.

Enjoy your hoidays!

Blackpool...
Level Contributor
139 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Which is best ? :)

Why not have a week in Jandia & a week in Corralejo, book your accommodation, flights & transfers seperately, do a shuttle transfer from the airport to Jandia, then bus it between Jandia & Corralejo (a day out in itself,going from one end of the island to the other) and after your week in Corralejo do a shuttle transfer back to the airport.

Edited: 25 June 2014, 13:02
Level Contributor
4 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Which is best ? :)

Thanks for your reply :)

Is costa calma beach possible to walk to from jandia ? Or is it possible to get a bus to there ? I'm not sure what the bus service is like there ? But my experience of buses abroad not very regular lol

Brussels
Level Contributor
26 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Which is best ? :)

From center to center, 11km 14 min. by car. If you want to walk, I am not sure you'll do it twice ;-)

For the buses, here www.maxoratabus.com/tiadhe/en/rutas.htm Lines 01 and 05 maybe. Honestly I never use them.

Now assuming that you ll stay a fortnight Beach in the beginning and at the end of your stay. 1 week car rental for +/- 100€ all included except petrol of course and you won't have to worry about buses timetables.

Blackpool...
Level Contributor
139 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Which is best ? :)

I've done 3 x 2 week holidays, first one: a week in Jandia followed by a week in Corralejo, second one: a week in Corralejo followed by a week in Caleta De Fuste, and third one: a week in Caleta De Fuste followed by a week in Corralejo, the bus services between these resorts is excellent.

Bp Auckland
Level Contributor
217 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Which is best ? :)

Right Nichola, Corralejo has a massive beach and good nightlife, Jandia is a little bit quieter than Corralejo and is at the southern end of a 17 k beach that ends at Costa Calma.

Calma is an A/I resort with very few bars etc etc if you want quiet you'll get it there.

Bp Auckland
Level Contributor
217 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Which is best ? :)

All the beaches mentioned are stunning and ok for swimming in.

Someone said do a two resort fortnight and that's what we've done, a week each in Corralejo and Esquinzo.

You've made a good choice in Fuerteventura wherever you go.