We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Villa/hotel Corralejo

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
63 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Villa/hotel Corralejo

Hi guys

I have just booked flights for 31st dec for myself, husband and baby (18months) and my parents.

Wondering if there are recommendations for hotels or villas near the centre of corralejo (5/10 min walk max). I have looked at trip advisor but not really sure!

Does anyone have a preference between a villa and a hotel? We would be on a self catering basis.

Any help would be great!

Corralejo, Spain
Destination Expert
for Corralejo
Level Contributor
4,738 posts
111 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Villa/hotel Corralejo

It's really impossible to say without knowing you and what you want. Clearly, unless you're very rich, a villa is going to have a quite small pool, probably not very suitable for your kid. But you'll likely have much more room.

When you talk of a hotel + S/C, I imagine you'll be getting an apartment/bungalow of whatever in one. These are most often just one or two stories high with your own terrace area, but the floor space is often very small. The only experience I have personally has been Infiniti (now called Fuerteventura Sun Club) which is mainly naturist, and the Oasis Duna hotel. While the first was small and quite expensive and so expected to be good, it exceeded all expectations. OD, OTOH, is enormous and cheapish and I expected to be disappointed: I wasn't! My upstairs apartment had separate bedroom, small but equipped corridor kitchen, well-appointed bathroom and lounge/diner, plus terrace. Everything was basic but perfectly acceptable, and there were loads of windows for ventilation. Of course, outside had all you'd expect from a big hotel: at least two kids' playgrounds, a superb pool just for kiddies (about 6" deep all over but with slides), plus two enormous others that sloped from nothing to out-of-depth, plus load of other things.

There are a lot of small complexes here that consist of apartments/bungalows that are each privately owned, set around a communal pool and managed as a holiday complex. It's a way of getting a bigger pool and people to speak to without feeling part of a big "tourist factory".

The problem is finding these places! Get Googling if that's what you want, as not all of them are on TA!

2. Re: Villa/hotel Corralejo

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 June 2015, 06:16
Get answers to your questions about Fuerteventura