We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

fishing

Level Contributor
22 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
fishing

Are there nice spot for fishing?

england
Destination Expert
for Corralejo
Level Contributor
1,183 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: fishing

do you have a fishing lience to fish in fuerteventura?

Birmingham, United...
Level Contributor
103 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: fishing

To answer the poster....there are numerous locations to fish from the shore on the island. This includes locations around Corralejo and Costa Caleta ...where are you staying ?. I have not fished on the island myself but friends have and tell me that bream, snappers, angel fish, blue fish and garfish are amongst the species found here. You will see lots of people fishing from the rocks around Corralejo.

I am sure the poster will obtain a LICENSE.

Corralejo, Spain
Destination Expert
for Corralejo
Level Contributor
4,700 posts
111 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: fishing

Lots of people fish here in Corralejo, also over in El Cotillo. You can also go "big game" fishing from special boats - barracuda I believe is common here (not something I know much about).

Things are quite strictly regulated as the entire island is a "UNESCO Biosphere" or some such title - there are species here that are unique to the island(s) and in danger, so you can't do just what you like, where you like. I think there's a website where you can apply for a licence online and get all the gen on numbers of rods and other equipment allowed, what bait you can use, etc. Once here you'll find loads of English-speaking fisher-people (seen quite a lot of women recently ;)) who'll give you tips. I know there's a shop in Caleta that everyone raves about - name anyone?

Level Contributor
22 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: fishing

Thanks for all your replies! I didn't know I need a license to fish in the ocean and I didn't know the entire island is protected by Unesco. I think I am going to stay in Corralejo. I guess I will find all the info and the equipment once I am there. It will be great have the opportunity to fish from a boat!

ireland
Level Contributor
20 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: fishing

can I get A licence from fishing Corralejo

6. Re: fishing

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 March 2016, 06:18