We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

fuertesol bungalows

Dundee, Scotland
Level Contributor
1 post
59 reviews
Save Topic
fuertesol bungalows

the bungalows were clean, serviceable and had loads of room for 2. We were there the end of October/first week of November when the weather was a bit dodgy. Of our 7 days we had only 2 full days sunshine which was disappointing. The rest of the time it was a bit overcast and showery. We mistimed our holiday as it was English 1/2 term so loads of kids about. I would not return to this resort (Costa Caleta) as it is too touristy for my liking with loads of English bars and restaurants. Fine, if you want a home from home (if you're English that is) but we prefer a traditional area and this was not it. I may return and go either north or south in the island but would have to say I would not recommend this resort to any of my friends.

london
6 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: fuertesol bungalows

why wouldn't you go again? your not being very precise.we are a party of 4 in our 40's.we have booked at the bunglow's for a week this august.what are the apts like? what is there to do in the evening? any recommondations? how's the service in the complex? are the bunglows clean and ant and cockroach free?! how much roughly for a evening meal for 2 ? what's the market like? thank you

london
6 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: fuertesol bungalows

help us please .we'er a party of 40 somethings having our first holiday without our kids. whats the bunglows like? what can we do for a week? we just wanna have fun!we also wanna relax but party at night!

england
Level Contributor
77 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: fuertesol bungalows

hi these are the apt that weve always fancied , weve stayed at most complexes in caleta... its only a tiny complex with a pool bar, u are staying in a quiet part of caleta, so for the night life you will have a 10 min walk.. it is really low key tho .. its not really the party sorta scene , but its wat u make it!!!, u must visit the captains bar , reall tiny its below puerto caleta, all the locals go there, its nice ...

london
6 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: fuertesol bungalows

hi, thanks for your help will go to the captains bar really looking forward to going away ,as you said its wot you make it! any good kariokee?

england
Level Contributor
77 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: fuertesol bungalows

mite get the odd kaeoke in the pool bars ,, again puerto caleta above the captains bar did it.. enjoy the poolside relaxation ,, was it xpenxsive ..

london
6 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: fuertesol bungalows

hi DIANA thanks for your help and advice.is the bunglows really hot at nighttime?where in england do you live? im from london.is it the type of place at night you really have to dress up?How much is a meal for two roughly? and the drinks which is more i

important!like you said its what you make it and my mate and her hubby is just as mad as me and my hubby!

england
Level Contributor
77 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: fuertesol bungalows

hi , dry teeth , suppose it depends on the weather really as to weather the bungalows are gonna be warm enoygh for you , weve always been comfy each time .. too be honest its not really a dressy up place , like i sa its dead low key , just wear wat u feel comfy in..a lot of the restaurants an bars vary in price , youll be best just having a look round .. the hard rock cafe is really nice , a little bit dearer .! but hey ! im from manchester an jus looking at my next hol

london
6 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: fuertesol bungalows

hi diame,thanks for all your advice.can't wait only 17 weeks togo.any good daytime trips that you would recommend?e.g boat trips or excursions.cheers

england
Level Contributor
77 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: fuertesol bungalows

hi 17 weeks lucky you . dont really do the excursion bit .. i find there a bit of a rip! i think your better organising days out . etc.. yourself..

london
6 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: fuertesol bungalows

hi diane are the day trips expensive then? we're looking forward to going hols all paid for only 12 weeks to go! saw a ad for chopper bikes to ride do you non where we can find them? thier like amercian choppers.thanks for your info