We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Transfer from Tenerife to La Gomera

England
Level Contributor
23 posts
23 reviews
Save Topic
Transfer from Tenerife to La Gomera

We are 2 adults hoping to travel to La Gomera for the first time in May. Package deals seem more expensive than booking a flight and hotel on line. Could someone please tell me how easy it is to get from Tenerife Airport across to La Gomera as booking ourselves will not include transfers. We are contemplating the Hotel Jardin Tecina. Many thanks for your help and advice in advance.

uk
Destination Expert
for San Sebastian de la Gomera, La Gomera
Level Contributor
295 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Transfer from Tenerife to La Gomera

Hi - check out this post tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g1187912-i14672-k5…

I think you'll find everything there. If not happy to help further

jevvy

Brussels, Belgium
Level Contributor
5,854 posts
349 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Transfer from Tenerife to La Gomera

1) Local bus to Los Christianos

2) 5 minutes walk to the harbour

3) Ferry from Fred Olsen or Naviera Armas to La Gomera. But these are not frequent. You may have to wait for a few hours

4) You arrive in San Sebastian in La Gomera. There are busses (not frequent either) for the rest of the island).

Worthing, United...
Level Contributor
1,545 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Transfer from Tenerife to La Gomera

As well as the above, there are also ferries between La Palma and La Gomera. Have you checked flights to La Palma as well?

England
Level Contributor
23 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Transfer from Tenerife to La Gomera

Thank you so much for replying. It sounds as though the easiest thing is to buy a package with the transfers included.

England
Level Contributor
23 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Transfer from Tenerife to La Gomera

Thank you we hadn't considered that!

Devon, UK
Level Contributor
873 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Transfer from Tenerife to La Gomera

If you're planning to hire a car, it really isn't difficult to do the transfer independently. You can either hire at Tenerife airport and take the car over in the ferry (make sure the hire company is OK about this) or hire in Gomera, picking your car up at the ferry port.

But if you're not hiring a car, it's probably simplest, as you suggest, to look for a package with transfers included.Also, a package will give you the option of excursions to see other parts of the island, which won't be easy without a car.

England
Level Contributor
23 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Transfer from Tenerife to La Gomera

Thanks for this. We aren't hiring a car as although I am well used to driving in Europe I cannot cope with a car that has the gearbox on the 'wrong' side lol.

Norwich, United...
Level Contributor
235 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Transfer from Tenerife to La Gomera

If your only concern with driving on La Gomera is operating the gear stick with your right hand why not hire an automatic? CICAR and other hire companies have a number of automatic models and a car really does add a lot to a visit to La Gomera. At the end of the day it is probably cheaper to hire a car than uses taxis and tours.

England
Level Contributor
23 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Transfer from Tenerife to La Gomera

Thank you very much for this. I hadn't thought of that. :)

Munich, Germany
Level Contributor
552 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Transfer from Tenerife to La Gomera

It's really easy to do this independently if you fly to Tenerife South and then get a bus from the airport to Los Cristianos. The buses stop right near the port and you just go in and get your ferry ticket. Once you get off in San Sebastian the Hotel Jardin Tecina is a short taxi ride away up the hill. Great view from up there too.

Get answers to your questions about La Gomera
Recent Conversations