We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

snorkeling

Level Contributor
11 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
snorkeling

Hi,

Could You recommend some good place/beach for snorkeling on La Gomera Island?

should I expect jellyfish there?

Mentioned in this post
La Gomera
La Gomera
Canary Islands, Spain
uk
Destination Expert
for San Sebastian de la Gomera, La Gomera
Level Contributor
325 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: snorkeling

I'm not a snorkler so can't add expert comment but I should warn that the sea becomes very deep very quickly all around the island and the undercurrents can be quite dangerous so may not be good for snorkling? There are diving schools - eg in San Sebastian and I think Valle Gran Rey - perhaps worth considering.

Mentioned in this post
Valle Gran Rey
Valle Gran Rey
395 Reviews
La Gomera, Spain
Devon, UK
Level Contributor
874 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: snorkeling

I'm a keen snorkeller but although I swam in Gomera, I didn't snorkel there. The coast, as Jevvy says, shelves very quickly and it was also quite windy and rough when we were there (February). Also, because the sand and rocks are dark in colour, it wouldn't be so easy to see what's in there even when the water is calm and clear.

I suppose you might get jellyfish. We didn't see any in Gomera bu we saw some in La Palma when we were there one March, including some nasty ones. I think the beach guards will warn you if they know there are dangerous ones about.

Mentioned in this post
La Palma
La Palma
Canary Islands, Spain
3. Re: snorkeling

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 August 2015, 06:16