We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

swimming in November and footwear for walking

norfolk
1 post
Save Topic
swimming in November and footwear for walking

We are going to Jardin deTecina for one week at the end of November. Will it be warm enough for swimming and what footwear do we need for walkiing.

East Anglia
Level Contributor
26 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: swimming in November and footwear for walking

Yes, it should be warm enough for swimming (for us hardy northern types). I've swum at Xmas before and it was fine once you get in. There're also several pools at the hotel which will be warmer than the sea.

Unless you are doing the serious walks, many of the walks can be done in ordinary footware, provided you've got good, non-slip soles. I've been all over the island in ordinary shoes, no problem, but I'd maybe get proper boots for the cliff walks.

Berlin, Germany
Level Contributor
1,705 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: swimming in November and footwear for walking

What kind of footwear you need depends really on the hikes you do. We did a fairly easy hike in the laurel rain forest and our trekking sandals were sufficient. Anyway, we did another hike to the waterfall near Valle Gran Rey and there you should have good footwear with non-slip soles. Anyway, I was quite happy about wearing my hiking boots. We did a third hike - El Tion near Vallehermoso - where in my opinion hiking boots was a good option … at least for part of the way. I think for quite a few walks/hikes you don't neccesarily need hiking boots but for some you should have them.

Mentioned in this post
Valle Gran Rey
Valle Gran Rey
386 Reviews
La Gomera, Spain
3. Re: swimming in November and footwear for walking

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 October 2009, 06:25
Get answers to your questions about San Sebastian de la...
Recent Conversations