We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Maspalomas nude sunbathing

England
Level Contributor
56 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Maspalomas nude sunbathing

I am looking to do some nude sunbathing, and Maspalomas beach seems popular, but I am confused as to whether it is better to stay in Maspalomas itself or Playa del Ingles - which gives quickest access to the nudist area of the beach? Last year made a huge mistake and booked a hol where it took us 45 mins to walk to the nudist beach and were exhausted! Playa del Ingles looks llike it has more to do in the evening, and we don't want to be bored, but nowhere can we find advice on the best way to access the beach, and although hotels say '5 minutes to beach' we have made that mistake, and know that could be the opposite end to where we want to be! Any help appreciated

Reykjavík
Level Contributor
3 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Maspalomas nude sunbathing

Hello Jennaya23. We stayed in Playa del Ingles in December 2007, at Apartamentos Dorotea, which is a 5 minutes' walk from the beach and from there is a 1 kilometer's walk to the nudist area of the beach, and we went there frequently. If you walk further, people walk in the nude in the Dunas in some areas, but I found the secluded nudist area to be the best, as it can get quite windy in other parts of the beach, plus that it is quite a walk. Playa del Ingles has quite a lively night-life, with Kasbah, Yumbo-centre and a lot of restaurants and discos. Take a look at my review of Apartamentos Dorotea and my photos from Playa del Ingles. Have a nice trip. Regina1965

Gran Canaria, Spain
Level Contributor
1,546 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Maspalomas nude sunbathing

The nude areas are from around kiosk 5 at the maspalomas side of the beach right up to and past kiosk number 7. The nicest side is maspalomas side of the beach . The bare areas, like the swimsuited ones, have sunbeds and umbrellas for hire. For a quieter spot, walk into the vast expanse of dunes, but be careful not to get lost!

Magnolias is a nude resort in Maspalomas:- http://www.canariasnatura.com/

If you stay in Masplomas and are not near the beach most hotels put on a free shuttle bus to the beach throughout the day.

As to where you stay it all depends on your budget - the palm beach hotel is right by the sea the maspalomas side but is high budget. The RIU Palace Maspalomas Hotel ( which is excellent ) located in Playa del Ingles and next to the famous dunes of Maspalomas beach and is in an amazing location in PDI and you just walk across the dunes to the nude beach , you are not far from many things to do in PDI yet the hotel location is quiet.

3. Re: Maspalomas nude sunbathing

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 September 2009, 21:19
Get answers to your questions about Gran Canaria