We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Passport number when booking with Ryan Air to Las Palmas

London, United...
Level Contributor
84 posts
18 reviews
Save Topic
Passport number when booking with Ryan Air to Las Palmas

Hello

We would like to purchase our flights to San Augastin. I have only just sent for my passport but the prices keep going up. I cant remember whether passport number is required for booking or at check in a couple of days before flying. Flying out 28 May, passport should be back by then.

I want to if anyone has recently purchased tickets and if passport number was required.

Many Thanks

Shell

Torrox Costa, Spain
Destination Expert
for Torrox
Level Contributor
6,114 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Passport number when booking with Ryan Air to Las Palmas

Every passenger flying from UK to Spain has to give passport details. I have never booked Ryanair, but on other airline websites it is possible to book tickets, then go back to booking at a later date and enter details. Also if this information is not given online it is taken at the airport, again I don't know the regulations with Ryanair but I'd read the small print VERY carefully.

London, United...
Level Contributor
84 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Passport number when booking with Ryan Air to Las Palmas

Many thanks Pavoreal.

I am a little convinced this is information is not required until check in. I have just checked an old confirmation email from Ryan Air to Costa Del Sol last year and all it has is the passenger details there are not passport details. I have gone on their website, a little unclear. It says passport details required but does not specify if at booking or check in.

Also can I please ask if I book with travel website, and the price quoted says inclusive of all taxes. Does this include the online check in charge? Is it cheaper to go direct to budget airline website?

Thanks

Michelle

Mijas, Spain
Level Contributor
139 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Passport number when booking with Ryan Air to Las Palmas

I travel fairly frequently with Ryanair, not by choice I have to say, just because there are not many airlines serving the Malaga - Edinburgh route.

I always book directly with their website, the final price includes on-line check in fee.

You don't need to provide passport details until you check in and print off your boarding pass which you can't do until a couple of weeks before you fly.

Happy holiday!

North Wales, United...
Level Contributor
820 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Passport number when booking with Ryan Air to Las Palmas

Hi shell500,we are flying to Tenerife in may with ryanair,it's just what cookspain has wrote so you will be fine like you say you will have your passport back in plenty of time.Finney

London, United...
Level Contributor
84 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Passport number when booking with Ryan Air to Las Palmas

Thanks cookspain and finney.

We have booked and Ryan air didn't ask for passport numbers.

A bit cross about the £12 booking fee. 7 of us. I even went to the trouble of getting a pre-paid mastercard. They are now charging with that too.

North Wales, United...
Level Contributor
820 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Passport number when booking with Ryan Air to Las Palmas

Hi Shell,thats the trouble with Ryanair they advertise decent prices then by the time you add everything on its not always that cheap in the end.Finney.

7. Re: Passport number when booking with Ryan Air to Las Palmas

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 June 2013, 10:23