We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

A few last minute queries!!

Lowestoft, United...
Level Contributor
489 posts
1 review
Save Topic
A few last minute queries!!

Hi please can someone help with a a few last minute queries

It will be my first time to the Island and I will be staying at the Orquedia in Bahia Feliz (May 16th-30th).

Firstly... Am I better to wait and exchange my money on the island or change it before I go.

Secondly I am already strting to regret my choice of location so I need to plan some days out.

I would be grateful for a rough idea of taxi fares from Bahia Feliz to PDI, Maspalomas, Peurto Rico, Mogan and Las Palmas. OR how long roughly does it take by local bus to get from Bahia Feliz to Peurto Rico and Mogan.

Kind regards

Meg x x x

aylesbury,england
Level Contributor
353 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: A few last minute queries!!

Hi Meg, I hope you don't regret your booking too much! The Hotel Orquidea is very family orientated and many families (like us) return year after year as we love it!

The location is not ideal for getting to other places i agree but it's not too far to get to other places by bus or taxi,we paid 9 euros each way to get to Aqualand in Maspalomas when we last went in 2010.

If you have kids with you at the Orquidea you may find they don't want to leave the hotel too many times during your stay anyway as there is always lots to do there(and for the all inclusive as well!).

Not sure about the changing money part of your question but i know the hotel will change travellers cheques for cash at a good rate.

anyway i hope you have a great time,we are going on May 28th (Orquidea of course :) so may see you on your last 2 days you are there.

All the best biscuit66.

p.s if you are on facebook the hotel has its own fan page called 'oh happy bay' !

Lowestoft, United...
Level Contributor
489 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: A few last minute queries!!

Hi Biscuit,

Thanks for your reply... Don't get me wrong I am really looking forward to our holiday but I booked it on the spur of the moment as it was A/I at a good price... I soon realised I had the same problem as I get every time we go A/I, a hotel which is miles from anywhere... In hindsight I wish I had opted for an apartment in Peurto Rico but heyho there is always next time !!!!

I do have a daughter but she is 12 and not interested in kids clubs anymore so I am planning to get out and see as much of the island as possible with the help of the local busses/ taxis and the odd excursion or 2.

Have a great holiday and maybe we will bump into each other

Kind regards

Meg x x x

aylesbury,england
Level Contributor
353 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: A few last minute queries!!

Hello again Meg,

I understand what you mean about the kids clubs,my 2 kids girl age 13 and son 9 have never been into them either,they prefer hanging around the pool and watching the pool games etc.

We are planning to go to Aqualand twice during our stay and a day or 2 at PDI beach so we are a bit like yourself in a way.

Anyway once again have a great time and i'll look out for you on the 29th 0r the 30th before you go home:(

xx

4. Re: A few last minute queries!!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 June 2013, 18:17