We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel for Christmas

Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
21 posts
43 reviews
Save Topic
Hotel for Christmas

Hi,

Can anyone help?

My Husband and me have chosen Gran Canaria for this year- Christmas/New Year holiday. Morgan appears to be to our taste- nice shops and restaurants -scenic and romantic, not overly touristy

My 1st choice would be Seaside Grand Hotel Residencia, however the price is ridiculous.

Lopesan Costa Meloneras has some nice pools, however I am not too sure about the rooms and the hotel looks huge.

Lopesan Baobab looks more intimate but I am not sure how far it is from the beach.

Cordian Morgan Playa appears to be in a stunning location however I feel the hotel is not our thing.

Can anyone help?

Does anyone know if you can do a day trip from Gran Canaria to Morrocco?

Here, there and...
Destination Expert
for Puerto Rico
Level Contributor
4,348 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel for Christmas

Hi

Other than the Mogan Playa, all the others are in the Maspalomas/Meloneras area which is a completely different part/area. What is it about the Mogan Playa you don't like the look of?

Christmas as the island is one of its busiest times of year with prices of even low star properties hiked up considerably as demand outstrips supply so you will see silly prices.

The other three are pretty close to each other and will take you about 10/15 minutes I would estimate to walk to the beach.

Having had friends stay at the Baobab they described it as "huge" with the walks from some rooms just to get to reception as being around 10 minutes!

Edited: 01 November 2012, 08:53
Ireland
Level Contributor
3,897 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotel for Christmas

This thread is similar...with good info.

tripadvisor.ie/ShowTopic-g664857-i12295-k582…

Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
21 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotel for Christmas

Thank you Canarytime, It would appear the forum is - Budget accommodation for the Christmas/New Year period. We are seeking upmarket boutique accommodation but do not want to purchase shares. Hotel Residencia was coming out at almost £10k -one standard room for two people, 14 nights ROOM ONLY without flights. Looks perfect, but I could think of far more exotic shores for that sort of budget

Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
21 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotel for Christmas

Thank you ruthiebabie,

Is Maspalomas a nice area?

Malaga, Spain
Destination Expert
for Malaga, Andalucia, Madrid, Zaragoza, Valencia, Seville
Level Contributor
59,117 posts
3,577 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hotel for Christmas

perfectionist:

Maspalomas is a nice area, but it is huge, with many hotels and restaurants and shops. This is one of the biggest beach resorts I have seen in Spain.

London, England
Level Contributor
8,280 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Hotel for Christmas

Why don't you check if the hotels have availability for Christmas/New Year because you may find most of them are fully booked at this late stage. The choice is most likely to be who has rooms.

7. Re: Hotel for Christmas

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 November 2013, 10:19