We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bringing ciggies back to UK

England
Level Contributor
4,445 posts
67 reviews
Save Topic
Bringing ciggies back to UK

OH is a smoker.

Can you get uk brands in GC

Are they cheaper

Can we bring some back to subsidise the holiday.

Ireland
Level Contributor
3,759 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bringing ciggies back to UK

Yes, yes and yes. :-)

Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
158 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Bringing ciggies back to UK

You can get most brands in GC, I brought L&B home 2weeks ago, bought in the local Spar for 24euro for 200.

Can only bring 200 each though with it being a duty free island.

Ireland
Level Contributor
3,759 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Bringing ciggies back to UK

If you really want to gain Brownie Points, you could take 200 in YOUR luggage, to double up OH allowance.

Hubby smoke G/Virginia and we split the allowance between our cases. I don't smoke.

England
Level Contributor
4,445 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Bringing ciggies back to UK

thanks

She's just lighting up

cleethorpes
Level Contributor
11,619 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Bringing ciggies back to UK

Smoking can damage your ...Wealth !!

England
Level Contributor
4,445 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Bringing ciggies back to UK

I've never smoked. When I wasabout 10 my dad said if you don't smoke by the time you're 21, I'll give you £100. That was when £100 was worth something. Sure enough I got it. Didn't work with my own two kids or Oh's daughter but we promised her grandson £1000 if if didn't smoke by the time he was 18. And he achieved that. We thought it was money well spent.

Bizareley, OH is very sensible and law abiding and rational ..... but still smokes

Edited: 24 August 2013, 21:39
7. Re: Bringing ciggies back to UK

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 August 2014, 06:20