We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Help please

kent
Level Contributor
82 posts
29 reviews
Save Topic
Help please

looking for a 4/5 star all inclusive hotel - fairly near to the beach but very close to town or a marina. Any recommendations would be most appreciated ??? Never been to the canary islands before

Dudley, United...
Level Contributor
691 posts
135 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Help please

Hi

It might help if you state which area you are looking for?

Rowdy? Quiet? Historical? Scenic?

Then we may be able to help :-)

kent
Level Contributor
82 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Help please

porto rico looks fairly swish with its marina and buzzing nightlife... but anywhere fairly sophisticated would be a plus - Many thanks

Torremolinos, Spain
Destination Expert
for Torremolinos
Level Contributor
4,726 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Help please

Puerto Rico - swish!! sophisticated!!! Please

In your position I would be looking at Maspalomas/Meloneras. No marina but decidedly far upmarket on Puerto Rico.

if you don't mind being a bit out of it then Puerto Mogan is a possibility but there won't be much buzzing nightlife.

if you want to take a bit of a chance on the weather, and it really isn't that much of a chance since it will still be mid 20s plus (yesterday it was 28) then Las Palmas should be considered. Nightlife there will buzz but in Spanish. if the weather does turn then the bus to PDI only takes an hour but I have been to GC on many occasions when the South was cloudy and the North perfect.

Wigan, United...
Level Contributor
3,562 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Help please

Gloria Palace Amadores might suit you re location for marina and beaches. Depends on what you consider sophisticated.

bournemouth
Level Contributor
187 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Help please

5 star all inclusive - near a beach - near a marina mmmmmmmm Only place Ive stayed that even comes close would be Hotel Cordial Mogan in Puerto Mogan. Beautiful beach. Working harbour and marina (wow some of these yachts are to die for)

BUT no night life taxi to Puert Rico is cheap as chips tho

oooohhhh just thought Marina Sol? I think its called in PR (new port area. Not the old port) has very good reviews might be worth checking out

Hope you enjoy GC as much as i do

Dudley, United...
Level Contributor
691 posts
135 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Help please

Agree with PR comments. I dont think I would ever stay there. Nice to visit for the day but that's about it. Melonares is perfect, and a taxi to night life in PDI is only about 5 €

7. Re: Help please

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 December 2014, 06:17