We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Coming to end of holiday

England
Level Contributor
4,719 posts
70 reviews
Save Topic
Coming to end of holiday

Back home on Monday

It's been great.

Currently sitting in Siroco cafe in Sandia shopping centre having a coffee and listening to Thin Lizzy Whisky in the Jar

I'm so happy

Will post full trip report next week

Tricks

CARDIFF U.K.
Destination Expert
for Gran Canaria, Alykes, Alykanas
Level Contributor
6,592 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Coming to end of holiday

Looking forward to reading it !

England
Level Contributor
4,719 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Coming to end of holiday

Currently in the yumbo watching the villa game.

Going quite well

4-1 up at ht.

Not counting me polos though

south yorks
Level Contributor
405 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Coming to end of holiday

Looking forward to your trip report, also what you thought of the apartment and its location compared to the hotel you stayed in previously.

bournemouth
Level Contributor
187 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Coming to end of holiday

ooooohhhhhh trickster

i'm sooooo jealous lol

enjoy the rest of it. not too nice here at the mo

England
Level Contributor
4,719 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Coming to end of holiday

Back home now.

soon as we deal with the post and dirty washing I'll get stuck into the trip report

England
Level Contributor
4,719 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Coming to end of holiday

julezw

Re the locations.....

The H10 is the last of the big hotels stretching west from Faro. At our speed it's about 30min walk along the lovely sea front prom, or slightly less down the road. Once at Faro you can get buses all over the island.

Opposit the H10 by the sea is a shopping centre. On 3/4 levels down to the beach. There are plenty of eateries and bars. Also a few shops but probably due to lack of footfall there are many empty units. But if you like an evening stroll there's not much of interest to see.

The apartement was on Ave Tirajana. This is quite a long road stretching from the Rui Hotel by the dunes at the bottom end up to San Fernando. We were about a third of the way up by Ave Bonn. The location was great as we were a few mins from the Yumbo and Cita CCs and all along Tirajana are numerous bars, restaurants, shops, car hire, and supermarkets. Transport links are good because buses to all places stop almost outside the appartements. On top of that it was more or less level ground to walk around PDI which is important to us. If you want to go down to the beach there are several acess pointswhere you go down steps. In short it was perfect for us

If we'd had two weeks at the H10 I think I'd have gotten bored, whereas at the flat after a busy dayout sightseeing we were happy just to stay in and watch a dvd

So because I've got a low boredom threshold, I prefered the flat. But having said that, if the H10 had been located where the flat was I'd have been happy with that as well.

7. Re: Coming to end of holiday

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 March 2015, 07:23