We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ferry tickets now on sale from Tenerife to La Palma

La Palma
Destination Expert
for La Palma
Level Contributor
523 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
Ferry tickets now on sale from Tenerife to La Palma

Fred Olsen ferries has now released tickets for sale from Los Cristianos, Tenerife to Santa Cruz de la Palma up to December 1st. They don't release them hugely in advance and the November ferry tickets are the latest out. Here's the website www.fredolsen.es

Happy sailing.

Kendal, United...
Level Contributor
58 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Ferry tickets now on sale from Tenerife to La Palma

most of the local people we met in the Canaries suggested using the local airline instead of the ferries. they said that the ferries were for cars! amazingly the flights can be half the price of a ferry ride and only take about 30 - 45 minutes. so easy. we used Binter Canaries. you even get a free drink of water and a chocolate bar! our hotel booked our first inter island flight for us and we booked the second flight ourselves with no problems. happy travels!

La Palma
Destination Expert
for La Palma
Level Contributor
523 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Ferry tickets now on sale from Tenerife to La Palma

You are absolutely right that the flights can be cheaper than the ferry. Normally, they are a very similar price but the airlines, both Binter and Islas Airways, do have deals which they call 'mini's.'

Some people like to go on the ferry though, particularly when they have landed in the south, as it something of a little cruise and coming into Santa Cruz by night on the ferry is nothing short of magical.

However, certainly if you are in the north where virtually all of the inter-island flights operate from, then a flight makes good sense. The other point in their favour is that there are about 20 flights a day between Tenerife and La Palma.

St. Pete Beach...
Level Contributor
13 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Ferry tickets now on sale from Tenerife to La Palma

I am flying into TFS have lodge closeby for a week, then we are going to La Palma, for another week. We leave La Palma and leave for Madrid the same day. I need some sugguestions in how to get to La Palma ferry or plane. My concerns is the domestic flights are from SPC (La Palma ) fly into TFN (northe) and my flights to Madrid is at TFS (sur) with a time of departure at 2.45 pm.. Since I don't know all the ferry companies it's hard to compare what is best. I don't know what is the distance between TFN and TFS to make sure we can make the jet to Madrid. taxi? Shuttle? how long does it take and what would be the cost comparing both ferry vs flight. Your reply would be greatly appreiated...

La Palma
Destination Expert
for La Palma
Level Contributor
523 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Ferry tickets now on sale from Tenerife to La Palma

Hello there,

The websites you will find useful for information are:

Flights -

www.binternet.com

www.islasairways.com

Ferry -

www.fredolsen.es

www.navieraarmas.com

Tenerife bus

http://titsa.com/

To get from the south airport to the Fred Olsen ferry in Los Cristianos it takes around 15 minutes and a taxi is the best option.

Naviera Armas are usually considerably cheaper although much slower. They leave from Santa Cruz in the north.

Almost all inter-island flights are from the north airport although at some times in the year, there are flights once a week from the south.

The actual driving time between the two airports is approx. one hour.

A taxi might cost you about 80€.

However, the bus service is excellent. There are a few buses which go direct between the two airports, but unless your timing fits in, then you will need to change at the bus station in Santa Cruz.

The main part of the bus journey is between the south airport, Reina Sofia, which takes 50 minutes and there are generally buses every 30 minutes.

Having changed at Santa Cruz, the bus between there and the north airport, Los Rodeos, takes about 20 minutes and again there is generally a bus every 30 minutes.

A good option is to take the taxi between the north airport and Santa Cruz and then the bus from Santa Cruz to the south airport particularly if you are a little pushed for time and the fact that the bus from the north airport can be quite busy at peak times, with lots of stops whilst the bus to the south airport is usually quite empty and with few stops so it is pretty much like a taxi anyway.

Mainz, Germany
Level Contributor
63 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Ferry tickets now on sale from Tenerife to La Palma

I booked in the Internet a ticket by NAVIERA-ARMAS from 'Los Cristianos' to 'Santa Cruz de la Palma'.

It is in January 2013 and payed only 14€ oneway !! .. and no Mastercard commission

La Palma
Destination Expert
for La Palma
Level Contributor
523 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Ferry tickets now on sale from Tenerife to La Palma

That is absolutely brilliant! 14€ one way is a fantastic price. Many thanks for letting us know!

London, United...
Level Contributor
2 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Ferry tickets now on sale from Tenerife to La Palma

Yeah and they are a bloody ripoff !! Armas are about a third of the price (as foot passengers).

Edited: 24 March 2013, 16:33
London, United...
Level Contributor
2 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Ferry tickets now on sale from Tenerife to La Palma

Also both Fred Olssen and Armas leave late in the day and get to Santa Crus about 10pm. You think they would come to an arrangement to leave at different times - oh no - and as for the various websites - total rubbish !!

Ghent, Belgium
Level Contributor
4 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Ferry tickets now on sale from Tenerife to La Palma

Hey,

I would like to travel to Tenerife, La Palma, El Hierro and La Gomera in October, but can't find a timetable for the ferry!

Are there still ferries that sail in October? According to their websites (Naviera Armas, Fred Olsen) there aren't any after 2 or 6 October.

Can you please help me? :-)

Thank you!

Edited: 26 March 2013, 09:00
La Palma
Destination Expert
for La Palma
Level Contributor
523 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Ferry tickets now on sale from Tenerife to La Palma

Hi there,

The ferries operate all year round - it's just that the timetables aren't released so far ahead. Keep watching them and let us know how you get on!

Get answers to your questions about La Palma
Recent Conversations