We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Teguise or Playa Blanca?

West Sussex
Level Contributor
242 posts
70 reviews
Save Topic
Teguise or Playa Blanca?

We're going to Lanzarote at the end of April and are considering a villa in either Teguise (or Costa Teguise) or Playa Blanca. We're not interested in night life, but would like to be fairly near some good restaurants, food shops, walks and scenery. Which should we choose?

Crawley
2 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Teguise or Playa Blanca?

Hi

I'd probably encourage you to choose Playa Blanca, its a smaller resort but there is still plenty of shops bars and restaurants, also you can get the ferry from Playa Blance over to Fuerteventura which is lovely if you enjoy walking.

I have never been to Costa Teguise (I go in 2 wks actually) but I love Playa Blanca, I wanted to return this time to PB but got a really good deal in Costa Teguise.

From what I've read and heard Costa Teguise seems like its much more purpose built ? I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong...

I go out to costa teguise on 15 March and I will let everyone know what it was like when I return....

Sheffield
Level Contributor
11 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Teguise or Playa Blanca?

Went to Teguise last February and has a really great time, although the weather could have been better, we found Teguise to be very windy whereas Puerto del Carmen the same time was not. We had a sea view which was a big mistake cos we got no sun and all the wind, making the apartment very cold at night. There are plenty of Bars and Restaurants to choose from and quite a few walks but it too windy for us. Have a good time whichever you choose.

West Sussex
Level Contributor
242 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Teguise or Playa Blanca?

Thanks Abi and Michelle. I think we're coming down in favour of Playa Blanca. We're planning to rent a 2bed/2 bath villa for 4 adults. There seems to be a wide range of different developments and complexes; can anyone recommend which to look at and which (if any) to avoid?

North London
Level Contributor
124 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Teguise or Playa Blanca?

Depends on how near to the town you want to be as the various villas are spread from one end of the resort to the other. Some of the nicest 2 bed/2 bath villas can be found at Faro Park, near to the lighthouse. Have a look at www.luxuryvillaslanzarote.com for a great selection. There are a few restaurants and shops nearbye and ideal location for a great walk along the prom all the way into the town.

Another favourite location of mine for villas is on the Los Clavelles estate, Las Laderas or Playa Real-all very convenient for the beach and walk to town.

manchester
Level Contributor
63 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Teguise or Playa Blanca?

Hi,we have stayed on faro park playa blanca several times, the villas are beautiful,most have their own pools and some with jacuzzis,there are some local retaraunts/bars/cafe-bars all very near to the villas.

There is also a specacular sea front which takes you all the way into the town ;its very low key,but if you are looking for a peaceful holiday with a luxury villa you cant go wrong; the 3 bedroom villas are nice because you have a lovely upstairs balcony for that extra bit of privacy; also you have great views from some of them.

Level Contributor
76 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Teguise or Playa Blanca?

i understand that there are 4 adults travelling, agree on playa blanca, costa teaguise is geared more for families i feel, couples in p blanca, enjoy, and i agree on the ferry to fuerteventura, i done this myself 2 weeks ago. enjoy

7. Re: Teguise or Playa Blanca?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 August 2009, 12:17