We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Puerto Del Carmen or Matagorda? Sea View Apartment wanted

Salford, England
Level Contributor
362 posts
87 reviews
Save Topic
Puerto Del Carmen or Matagorda? Sea View Apartment wanted

We are travelling to Lanzarote in May this year. We have been there 3 times before, but can't decide where to stay this time.

We have narrowed our choices down to the Nautilus Bungalows or Las Gaviotas in Matagorda or the Eldorado or Agua Marina in Puerto Del Carmen.

I know the Nautilus don't offer sea views. The other three do, but won't guarantee that we will get one - even though we have offered to pay a suppliment!

Anyone been stayed in any of the above and know which one offers the best chance of being allocated a sea view or even suggest alternatives?

Don't want to stay right in the middle of the new town though.

Genral comments on either resort also welcome. Not stayed in Matagorda / PDC since 2001/2 and I imagine it's changed

Thanks

Portskewett, United...
Level Contributor
812 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Puerto Del Carmen or Matagorda? Sea View Apartment wanted

Hi,

I have booked La Cabrera apartments direct - they have 1 and 2 bed apartments and all are straight onto the beach with sea views - 45 euros per night for a one bed apartment.

If you look at my post a couple of weeks ago you will see the responses to my request for a sea view apartment - people also recommended a few others as well - tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g187477-i240-k1721…

Their web site is http://www.apartamentoscabrera.com - you will see that you can't get much closer to the sea!!!

Hope this helps

Sarah

Salford, England
Level Contributor
362 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Puerto Del Carmen or Matagorda? Sea View Apartment wanted

Hi Sarah

Thanks so much for your suggestion. I have been in Tiny's bar but I had no idea there were apartments so close.What a view!!!!!!!!!!

They do look ideal. Can you tell me what they are like? Are they well equiped? Are they noisy? Do they suffer with 'roaches?

Phil

Portskewett, United...
Level Contributor
812 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Puerto Del Carmen or Matagorda? Sea View Apartment wanted

Hi Margrove,

I am off there on 10th March so I will let you know when I get back.

I booked them after having the great responses to my post and the web site does look good and exactly what I wanted.

I love being able to open the curtains to an uninterupted view of the sea and hear it when I am sat on the balcony - just one of my foibles!!!

So wish me luck and I will let you know what they are like

Sarah

Stockton-on-Tees...
Level Contributor
182 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Puerto Del Carmen or Matagorda? Sea View Apartment wanted

HI

Does anyone know if there is a pool at the cabrera apartments ??

cheers

x

UK
Level Contributor
952 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Puerto Del Carmen or Matagorda? Sea View Apartment wanted

Nope, pretty sure there isn't.

Ole

6. Re: Puerto Del Carmen or Matagorda? Sea View Apartment wanted

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 September 2009, 15:17