We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

restaurants in pdc

stourbridge
Level Contributor
27 posts
Save Topic
restaurants in pdc

hi has anyone got any names of good family restaurants in pdc going in a few weeks with husband and 2 11 year olds just wanted to have an idea so there will be no faffing over where to go!! thanx Rachel

1. Re: restaurants in pdc

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post at the original author's request.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 July 2013, 15:25
UK
Level Contributor
1,230 posts
223 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: restaurants in pdc

I can definitely recommend Mar Casa Benito, which is in the harbour area of the Old Town. It's owner-manged and consistently good. Personally I would avoid the Lani's places - too many stories of poor food, terrible service and ripping people off! They seem to have got worse over the years. There is a place called Tropical opposite the Fariones hotel on the strip which isn't bad.

Hope this helps!

Lancashire
Level Contributor
3,454 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: restaurants in pdc

Funny, but of all the places we ate in PDC last month the only one we didn't rate was the Lani's place. We didn't realise it was a chain until later in the week when we noticed more and more of them around the town.

Some people rate them very highly but it just didn't do it for us.

We ate at the Lani's Indian on the strip and sat quite close to the kitchen where we witnessed the "chef" putting almost everything into the microwave before it was plated up and served.

4. Re: restaurants in pdc

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
5,248 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: restaurants in pdc

I would also recommend you try El Ancla overlooking the harbour areain the old town. We have always got good service and good food here and there is a great holiday atmosphere. Nice for families :-)

www.elancla-lanzarote.com/page/index.php…

Lanis: The very first time we went to Lanzarote we tried a few of them. Like the other poster we were not aware they were a chain. We had a very good experience in a lani's in Costa Teguise but we had a disaster of a meal in one of the lani's in PDC.

stourbridge
Level Contributor
27 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: restaurants in pdc

thanx for the advise everyone, think we will steer clear of the lani chain then!! just wanted to be a bit prepared because we are really indecisive!! and can never make our minds up!! so even if i have got a couple of restaurant names it helps us out thanx again, Rachel

7. Re: restaurants in pdc

dublin
Level Contributor
215 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: restaurants in pdc

just back from a week in pdc.......we have been lots of times and always confine our dining out to the old town.....la cascada, caso roja, are 2 of our favourites......also the indian beside the biosfera centre.....trust me.....it looks nothing special, even a little dodgy, but the food is to die for....my hubby is a total indian food junkie and he reckons this is up there with the best of them.....cant remember the name.........also found a really good mexican in the old town called emmas......overall we would avoid the strip for eating.....maybe ok for a snack (pizza etc) but for a proper evening meal stick to the old town.

UK
Level Contributor
1,230 posts
223 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: restaurants in pdc

La Cascada in the old town always used to have a queue outside, but rumour had it that it also provided the 'half board' option for one of the hotels/complexes! Anyway, the food was good last time I was in a couple of years ago. I have read recent reports suggesting it's gone downhill a little, however.I would probably go again, though.

La Casa Rioja is off my list as they refused to serve us just drinks last time we went!

10. Re: restaurants in pdc

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

Removed on: 27 September 2009, 12:19