We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best supermarket

Accrington, United...
Level Contributor
256 posts
Save Topic
Best supermarket

Hi all ... we are due to come out to lanz at the end of May,staying in Playa blanca, we are there for 2 weeks and in a villa, as the Euro is so poor, we will be mainly eating at in, we have been to Playa balnca before, and found the local super markets quite expensive we are hiring a car for the duration and wondered if anyone could advise on the best supermarkets to go to ....

Thanks

Anita

DUBLIN
Level Contributor
399 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best supermarket

hi anita i know there is a hyper-market think its near the airport

Scotland
Level Contributor
474 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best supermarket

We like Hiper Dino in the Deiland centre at Playa Honda. It's a bit of a trek from Playa Blanca, but if you're out and about, it's worth a visit. They have a good range of stuff and the prices are OK.

West Yorkshire
Level Contributor
340 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best supermarket

Hi there is a Hyper Dino in Playa Blanca just behind the Spa and Netto supermarkets (near the port where the ferries go to Fuertaventura). This is a little bit cheaper and you can go in the car and park underneath in the car park, I think you get a free hour if you get your receipt stamped.

Velez Blanco, Spain
Destination Expert
for Playa Blanca
Level Contributor
1,584 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Best supermarket

Good tip from declan about the Hiperdino - it's where most of us locals do our shopping.

The large hipermarket by the airport used to be called "Vivo's" but is now a Hiperdino as well, and isn't worth the drive up. However... just a couple of hundred yards from that one is "Ropers", which is fab for fresh veg, fresh and frozen meat and fish. A really popular shop with residents.

Elle xx

Fuerteventura...
Level Contributor
837 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Best supermarket

Hi I would agree with Ropers - excellent place - wish they would open one here in Fuerteventura, I really miss its variety and quality.

The main supermarkets are the same as in Fuerteventura and are listed from the cheapest to the most expensive - Eurospar, Hiperdino, Netto's, then the one on your local apartment/hotel complex.

Accrington, United...
Level Contributor
256 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Best supermarket

Hello all .... A big thank you for all your replies, always good to know where the locals shop, and not too far to travel too...we cant wait to return.

Anita

UK
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Best supermarket

Hi all,

We will be coming to Costa Calma, Fueterventura over the Christmas and New Year. If anyone can tell us where the hypermarket is situated in Costa Calma, and any info about which restaurants/bars in the resort may be open, we'd be grateful. Thanks. Lydia

Velez Blanco, Spain
Destination Expert
for Playa Blanca
Level Contributor
1,584 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Best supermarket

Hi Hollyhedge - try posting your question here: tripadvisor.com/ShowForum-g187467-i272-Fuert…

You're in the wrong section... and the link I've given you will be much more useful honey.

Good luck!

Elle xx

Puerto Del Carmen...
Destination Expert
for Puerto Del Carmen
Level Contributor
2,213 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Best supermarket

Sorry LeisureZone. It may be different in Fueteventura, but overall we find the Hiperdinos to be the cheaper over here.

Of course that does depend on what you´re buying, for example, eggs and wine are often cheaper in Spar.

10. Re: Best supermarket

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 February 2010, 06:17