We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Which resort is less windy?

Mintlaw
Level Contributor
186 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Which resort is less windy?

We're planning to go to Lanzarote for the first time in mid April and wondered if one resort or one part of the island is less windy than another. I get the impression than Costa Tequise is particularly windy. Is it just a pleasant breeze or is it a nuisance?

Also reading the recent posts it seems that some places are a bit quiet this year. Would we be better going to a bigger resort. We're 58 & 65, not worried about night life, happy to get on buses and explore during the day, but don't want to be based somewhere really quiet either. Any advice welcome

Newcastle
Level Contributor
1,220 posts
134 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Which resort is less windy?

I find that Playa Blanca seemed less windy than the other two resorts but even so you are not talking hurricane winds, in fact the winds are quite pleasant and take some of the heat out of the sun making walking about a bit more bearable. For your age range you may well prefer Playa Blanca, it has a lovely village feel to it and more than enough restaurants for a week. There are buses out of Playa Blanca to Puerto del Carmen, which is a much busier resort. You may well like it here also. There is an old town area, and unlike some resorts which concentrate on centres, you will find all the resorts ammenities are just spread all the way along the promenade. Puerto del Carmen can be hill, especially up around the old town. So if you choose there, then please come back and ask us about the accommodation you choose.

UK
Level Contributor
301 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Which resort is less windy?

I stayed in Costa teguise in April once and it was very very Windy to the point where it felt cold. Have stayed in Playa Blanca 4 times and never had the same problem. Playa Blanca wins for me every time!

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
62 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Which resort is less windy?

Hello,

The southern parts of Lanzarote are definitely the place to stay if you want to escape the wind. Like everyone else has already mentioned, Playa Blanca is the best location.

The windiest time of year is July, but June-August is quite windy. It shouldn't be too windy to stay at Costa Tequise at that time of year, although the weather in Lanzarote can be quite unpredictable at times.

Take a look at this weather website. It goes through every month of the year in detail.

world-weather-travellers-guide.com/weather-i…

Cheers.

Mintlaw
Level Contributor
186 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Which resort is less windy?

That's an excellent website, thank you for the link.

Yes I think we've made up our mind on Playa Blanca, (although we are also considering Malta). Holidays from Scotlish airports are a bit limited at this time of year. I see good reviews on TA for Sun Royal Apartments or Cay Sun.

Essex
1 post
Save Reply
5. Re: Which resort is less windy?

Lanzarote is no a very big Island so whereever you stay it going to be windy but take a bit of advise from someone who has been to the Island several times when the sun shines and it starts to get very warm you will be glad to have that breeze/wind blowing most parts of the Island is windy but it dont half cool you down have a great stay

6. Re: Which resort is less windy?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 September 2009, 05:24