We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Costa Teguise or Puerto del carmen?

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
311 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Costa Teguise or Puerto del carmen?

Hello everyone!

Hoping to go to Lanzarote around 25th July, cant decide between Costa Teguise or Puerto del Carmen?

Its my boyfriend and i going (22&24)Want somewhere with good nightlife (although not too crazy!) and plenty during the day?

Any advice would be most welcome.

Also we want to go self catering and have been looking at Las Marinas, Bitacora lanzarote club, and El Trebol, if anyone could advise on these it would be great!

Thanks in advance!

Kelly

County Meath...
Level Contributor
3,310 posts
132 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Costa Teguise or Puerto del carmen?

Hi Kelly,

If i had a choice of resort i would choose PDC at a push.....Have you cosidered Matagorda ???

Thats just me personally....CT can be very windy,windsurfers paradise ! PDC is ok...Does it have to be Lanzarote ??? The reason i say that is because the Costa Adeje area of Tenerife is very nice !

Manchester, United...
Destination Expert
for Puerto Del Carmen
Level Contributor
2,166 posts
124 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Costa Teguise or Puerto del carmen?

Hello Kelly

I think you'd both love PDC mate, and think that Costa Teguise and Matagorda were too quiet.

PDC has everything you could want, but is never in your face too much, so if you fancy a couple of quieter nights, then no problem

Enjoy Lanza

Danny

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
5,248 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Costa Teguise or Puerto del carmen?

Another vote for PDC here but much I prefer the old town then Matagorda. I've stayed in both and returned to the old town. Matagorda does have a great beach but it's along stroll to the "strip".

In the old town you are near the strip for abit of nightlife and the more laid back "old town".

There is a nice sandy/rocky cove called Playa Chica in the old town where you can take a scuba diving lesson. It's also great fun snorkling here.

UK
Level Contributor
959 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Costa Teguise or Puerto del carmen?

Yep, I’d go for PDC as well, to be honest I haven’t been to CT for a few years but other than brilliant wind surfing I’m not sure it offers anything that PDC doesn’t and I think PDC has better nightlife, especially for twenty-somethings.

Bitacora is very nice, better than most actually and quite central except it’s a little set back (200-300 yards) from the main strip and up a steep hill (http://www.bitacoralanzarote.com/)

Las Marinas is in the adjacent resort Matagorda which is a much newer, cleaner and tidier but not so lively and I suspect you’d find you’d prefer to be in PDC itself.

Also look at http://www.apartamentos-jable.com/ which isn’t so far up hill from the strip, is very handy for the nightlife area and 10 mins to the Old Town and yet a fairly quiet and relaxed complex. Or this one is next door http://www.apartamentosplayamar.com/

Ole

Surrey, United...
Level Contributor
11,414 posts
220 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Costa Teguise or Puerto del carmen?

I'd go with Puerto del carmen too...

Salford, England
Level Contributor
369 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Costa Teguise or Puerto del carmen?

PDC gets my vote too - everytime. Old Town / New Town / laid back nightlife or something more more energetic. It caters for most if not all tastes

Other places to look at - Club Oceano (www.oceanclubholidays.co.uk) fairly central and not too far from the Jable Bermudas or the Lomo Blanco (closer to the old town). The La Penita also gets good reviews but never stayed there myself.

Cheers

Altrincham
Level Contributor
72 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Costa Teguise or Puerto del carmen?

PDC for me too. I have spent a little time in both CT and P Blanca day / night and PDC definately has more going for it, particularly for your age group

warwickshire
Level Contributor
961 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Costa Teguise or Puerto del carmen?

pdc definately.

Walsall, United...
Level Contributor
2,359 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Costa Teguise or Puerto del carmen?

hmmm, I'm going to CT and am now a little worried as everyones plumping for PDC! I hope theres stuff to do. We usually like a couple of drinks at night, not too rowdy but not dead as a dorr nail either!

Salford, England
Level Contributor
369 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Costa Teguise or Puerto del carmen?

Chivas

I wouldn't worry. Puerto Del Carmen is the biggest resort on Lanzarote, hence it has the most amount of choice.

Costa Teguise, like Playa Blanca in the south of the island is big enough to provide you with plenty of choice.