We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cruising Through Canary Islands in May, Looking for Ideas

Fort Lauderdale
Level Contributor
3 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Cruising Through Canary Islands in May, Looking for Ideas

Hi, My husband and I are doing a TransAtlantic Cruise in May this year for his 40th Birthday. We will be stopping in Tenerife, Lanzarote and Grand Canaria. I was hoping someone could give us some good ideas as to what would be fun to do on any of these stops as we have no idea what to expect! We love the sun, beach, fishing, boating, eating and drinking! Any ideas or pointers are GREATLY appreciated!

Thanks!

Manchester, United...
Destination Expert
for County Galway
Level Contributor
1,986 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cruising Through Canary Islands in May, Looking for Ideas

The first thing that comes to our mind with a 'one day on the island' itinerary would be to arrange to hire a taxi/car+driver for the duration and visit some of the 'unique to Lanzarote' Manrique sites - save the beaches and fishing trips for the other islands on your cruise and grab some spectacular Spanish art and architectural opportunites while you can. We wrote a post all about them and Manrique here:

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g187477-i240-k3399…

You could quite comfortably visit the Foundation, the Mirador, the Cactus Garden and MIAC in about 5-6 hours - if visited in that order they would respectively give you a knowledge/information orientation about the man, a coffee break with THE best view on the island, a gorgeous lunch in a tranquil artistic and horticultural haven and somewhere glamorous to have a sun-downer before rejoining your ship which will presumably dock at Arrecife...

Fort Lauderdale
Level Contributor
3 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Cruising Through Canary Islands in May, Looking for Ideas

Thank you so much for your quick reply! My husband is big into art so this sounds like a great start!

3. Re: Cruising Through Canary Islands in May, Looking for Ideas

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 August 2010, 06:17